Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Hey Photoshop guru's. I need something verified. ASAP!

"Prophet" wrote:
    Just be ignorant and convince yourself that it is legitimate. Whether it is or is not will then become irrelevant. You can drink your beer and enjoy the gloves in peace. Hmmmmm....doooooonuts...
    That's the best response yet. :lol:
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

LL-MMan is offline Starter

Understandable about the certs. I thought of that myself. But the Bo Jackson uni I got is Tri-Star certified. To my understanding from what I've researched, Tri-Star is the most reliable. The guy also had a good rep.

Now these gloves are another story. It's not just some ordinary gloves... If that was the case I'd be really questioning these, but the tape and writing are a different story. From what I can tell it's dead on. The person that was selling them hasn't sold anything for about 2 years but had 100% feedback with about 30 sells. It's only $50. For that kind of money I'm willing to take the risk. $50 really isn't much.

I did just miss a NFL auction of Darren Sharper gloves from I believe the Browns game last year. Had 2 ints. Those went for $52.

I'm going to continue drinking my captain while I start my collection.

The gloves will go with a Neal Broten hockey stick I got at a North Stars game... Along with a puck I got on my golden Birthday that went over the glass from Bellows.

Viking fans hunger a Championship more than anyone in sports.

Bring it home boyz.
    Bring it home.

Bring it home boyz.
    Bring it home.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Ok, I am going to speak honestly here. There is no way I can prove I know what I am talking about. But, I am very knowledgable in this area.

Yes, it may be the real deal.

But, anything can be forged and faked. The certs are a joke. Most people who sell authentic items make their own certs. I could make one. And the picture of the athlete is not a sure thing. So, they have a photo of him signing 1 item. Then they go in their basement and make 100 more of the same thing and sell them on different sites and card shows.

Thats it. Just be careful. Best bet, if you want it wait for the athlete to be in your area and get it.
    I disagree with Ultra that 60-80% of the autographed memorabillia out there is fake. At least the ones I've looked at/bought.

I agree with the fact that any certificate from a private seller anyone can make & I make sure mine at least have a "MBG", but a COA still doesn't make it authentic unless it is verified by PSA/DNA.

I don't think autographs are as easily "forged" as people think. I don't believe your average Joe" can pull it off. What I do is compare the autograph to pics of the same persons autographs from a reputible seller.

In this case, your just looking at initials & it is a lot harder to tell.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Yes, some certs are very legit.

Sing, you have to trust me on those numbers. This was per the FBI of investigating fraudualant sports memorabilia.

I read a few articles years back where they actually interviewd people who copy autographs, and you could not tell the difference.

well how about we down a couple 13/14 and celebrate my new Bo Uni and Smith gloves!!!!!

did you guys see the higher res pic I had of the glove?

Bring it home boyz.
    Bring it home.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Sing, you have to trust me on those numbers. This was per the FBI of investigating fraudualant sports memorabilia.

I read a few articles years back where they actually interviewd people who copy autographs, and you could not tell the difference.
    I know there out there & some are really good, but not 60-80% of the people can pull it off.

When I look for items, I make sure the person selling them, could actually aquire them.

For instance, I'll buy an item from someone who said they got it signed at training camp, if they are from the Mankato area or Minnesota, but am skeptical if they are from Florida.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

i was looking on ebay and i noticed a few of these stating the same thing--- do not buy anything without the"steve smith hologram"

DON'T BUY SMITH AUTOGRAPHS WITHOUT STEVE'S PERSONAL HOLOGRAM....IT COULD BE A FAKE!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEVE-SMITH-SIGNED-PANTHERS-PROLINE-AUTHENTIC-HELMET_W0QQitemZ8785360231QQcategoryZ27276QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

uh this isnt an autigraph. its a glove.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

"singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

I know there out there & some are really good, but not 60-80% of the people can pull it off.

When I look for items, I make sure the person selling them, could actually aquire them.

For instance, I'll buy an item from someone who said they got it signed at training camp, if they are from the Mankato area or Minnesota, but am skeptical if they are from Florida.
    I do a lot of research before I buy. I won't buy from a private seller with their own website. Prices are always jacked and the feedback isn't legit.

Ebay is decent. I do my comparisons and obviously read the feedback. I don't really care for the store certs, but more of the Tri-Star certs. If you buy from someone reputable you shouldn't have any problems. Someone is bound to bust them if they were fukin with ya.

I still can't believe I bought these gloves without a cert but heck, the price was cheap and from my investigating and others, it seems to be dead on.

Bring it home boyz.
    Bring it home.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast