CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Help me purple brothers......

i am not really sure what to do. it has been driving me crazy so i thought i would ask my purple brothers what to do. i really like this girl. she also happens to be one of my best friends. she is my best girl friend and i am her best guy friend. we have known each other since third grade but we have really become close friends in the past two years. we are both in band and we have like all the same friends. about 3 monthes ago she had her better friends ask me for about 2 days to ask her to homecoming. i did not really like her then but after that i really started too. i asked her and she said she would go as friends. this kind of confused me cause the ways her friends pestered me and she sayed she just wanted to go with someone she knew she would have a lot of fun with. we always have these play fights and she gets sad when like i could not go to the latest dance with her group. the latest dance was turnabout where the girls ask the guys but she did not ask me. i really like her but i dont know if she likes me. She is like my best friend and i dont want to do anything that would hurt our friendship unless i know she likes me.....do you have any advice that would help me through this cause this driving me crazy and i just cant get over her.....

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Help me purple brothers......

First question: How old are you?

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

im no good at this woman thing either brother so if you find out make sure to inform me.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Well....if you guys are really as good a friends as you say you are, then it shouldn't matter what you say to her. Meaning that you should be able to be honest with her.

If I were you, I would tell her how you feel. Just lay it all out. If she says that she reciprocates the feelings, then you're in! If she doesn't, then she should be mature enough to tell you so, and if she isn't mature enough to tell you, then she isn't mature enough to be in a relationship in the first place. Also, if you tell her and she gets all pissy or weird about it, then the same thing goes for her maturity.

Finally, if you can't muster up the guts to tell her, and you are worried about the reaction then maybe YOU aren't ready to be in a relationship.

If you tell her and she says no, then tell her you don't want things to change. Tell her that you're content with just being friends, because if you're as close as you say, then you will be.

Honesty is always best when asking a girl out, and if you can't be honest with each other, then you shouldn't be together.

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

thanks ltrey that helped

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"CrazyVikingsFan" wrote:
    thanks ltrey that helped
    Yep....I was in that position back in high school.

My best friend was a girl that I had known for a few years and I REALLY liked her. I asked her out, she said no and things went back to normal (even though I was bummed). Then just a few months later, I found a girl that I dated for 2 years. So whatever she says, it'll work out. The Lord works in mysterious ways!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Ltrey = PP.O's Dr Phill. ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Ltrey" wrote:

Also, if you tell her and she gets all pissy or weird about it, then the same thing goes for her maturity.
    Man, you are in for a rude awakening my friend! Women can get pissy no matter what age they are. If you think that ends with maturity, you've got another guess coming.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

Also, if you tell her and she gets all pissy or weird about it, then the same thing goes for her maturity.
    Man, you are in for a rude awakening my friend! Women can get pissy no matter what age they are. If you think that ends with maturity, you've got another guess coming.
    [size=20pt]AMEN!!!!![/size][img width=82 height=126]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:5B-KSzItFA5LdM:http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/GAL/SPSSR~Bang-Head-Here-Posters.jpg[/img]