Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: HELP, DVR STOPED

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Your best bet is go to a tech forum and seek an answer there.
    I am sure someone has had the same problem.

    Unless Favre's spectacular pay blew up your DVR.
    A little thick isn't it?
    Thought instructions were given out not to make every thread a "Him" thread?
    It's part of the "My DVR took a pooh" flowchart:

    1.
    Check to make sure DVR is plugged in --->
    See next
    2.
    Check to make sure DVR unit's power in on --->
    See next
    3.
    Make sure you hit record for the particular show you want to record --->
    See next
    4.
    If the Vikings are playing and Favre whipped some major jiggly butt --->
    See next
    5.
    You're ~messed up~ --->
    Buy a new DVR
    See, even you still crack me up at times......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: HELP, DVR STOPED

    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Your best bet is go to a tech forum and seek an answer there.
    I am sure someone has had the same problem.

    Unless Favre's spectacular pay blew up your DVR.

    My guess is he exceeded the recording limits of his DVR assuming he was recording it via DISH Network or DirectTV. With DISH I believe it's 60 hours of record time.


    Or he forgot to pay his bill.
    Dish doesn't restrict you.
    The only restriction you have is the size of the hard drive.
    If you use up all the room, it will start taping over old recorded material, starting with the oldest.
    Found that out the hard way during the Bejing Olympics, when I accidently erased ALL of my wife's sitcoms...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: HELP, DVR STOPED

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Your best bet is go to a tech forum and seek an answer there.
    I am sure someone has had the same problem.

    Unless Favre's spectacular pay blew up your DVR.

    My guess is he exceeded the recording limits of his DVR assuming he was recording it via DISH Network or DirectTV. With DISH I believe it's 60 hours of record time.


    Or he forgot to pay his bill.
    Dish doesn't restrict you.
    The only restriction you have is the size of the hard drive.
    If you use up all the room, it will start taping over old recorded material, starting with the oldest.
    Found that out the hard way during the Bejing Olympics, when I accidently erased ALL of my wife's sitcoms...

    haha I did the same thing with my old girls sitcoms! :P

  4. #14
    soopafreak84 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: HELP, DVR STOPED

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Your best bet is go to a tech forum and seek an answer there.
    I am sure someone has had the same problem.

    Unless Favre's spectacular pay blew up your DVR.
    Yeah I tried the Tech support they said no.
    "Don’t take life for granted because tomorrow isn't promise to any of us."
    Kirby Puckett

  5. #15
    soopafreak84 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: HELP, DVR STOPED

    "alexfandrich" wrote:
    ya i have it on dvd, still need to watch it but i wouldn't mind sending it to you. let me know if you still want it in a few days because i am going to watch it tomorrow.
    Yes please.
    e-mail me when you have watched it and I will send you my shipping info.


    Thanks
    "Don’t take life for granted because tomorrow isn't promise to any of us."
    Kirby Puckett

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ST. CLOUD MN
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: HELP, DVR STOPED

    I needed to remember to record it, and i didn't.
    I actually have a stand alone dvd recorder, still haven't fully hooked everything up after the move.
    I'm waiting on the new bulb for my projector, should be a beautiful 110" screen in a couple days.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

    -I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

  7. #17
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: HELP, DVR STOPED

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Your best bet is go to a tech forum and seek an answer there.
    I am sure someone has had the same problem.

    Unless Favre's spectacular pay blew up your DVR.

    My guess is he exceeded the recording limits of his DVR assuming he was recording it via DISH Network or DirectTV. With DISH I believe it's 60 hours of record time.


    Or he forgot to pay his bill.
    Dish doesn't restrict you.
    The only restriction you have is the size of the hard drive.
    If you use up all the room, it will start taping over old recorded material, starting with the oldest.
    Found that out the hard way during the Bejing Olympics, when I accidently erased ALL of my wife's sitcoms...
    Not if you "PROTECT" it.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #18
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: HELP, DVR STOPED

    "STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    I needed to remember to record it, and i didn't.
    I actually have a stand alone dvd recorder, still haven't fully hooked everything up after the move.
    I'm waiting on the new bulb for my projector, should be a beautiful 110" screen in a couple days.


    Lucky you

  9. #19
    soopafreak84 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: HELP, DVR STOPED

    "alexfandrich" wrote:
    ya i have it on dvd, still need to watch it but i wouldn't mind sending it to you. let me know if you still want it in a few days because i am going to watch it tomorrow.
    I am still interested.
    Please e-mail me at [email protected]
    "Don’t take life for granted because tomorrow isn't promise to any of us."
    Kirby Puckett

  10. #20
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: HELP, DVR STOPED

    "soopafreak84" wrote:
    "alexfandrich" wrote:
    ya i have it on dvd, still need to watch it but i wouldn't mind sending it to you. let me know if you still want it in a few days because i am going to watch it tomorrow.
    I am still interested.
    Please e-mail me at [email protected]
    Not a good idea putting your email out here for the world. I would send in a PM instead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: HELP, DVR STOPED
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 11:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •