Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

Help with computer

I have a game taht isnt playing on my computer. It says to check if I meet the system requirement, and it says I need a "64 MB GeForce3-class video card. The game only officially supports
    cards with ATI (Radeon 8500 or greater) and Nvidia chipsets, and
    the Intel GMA 900 and GMA 950 products. The GeForce 4 MX is not
    supported." is needed. How do I check this?
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: Help with computer

Go to My Computer on your desk top -> Then View system info -> Hardware tab -> device manager button... You should be able to find your vid card there.

WWBGD

I have the 64 MB GeForce2-class video card. How hard would it be and how much would it cost to get it upgraded?
    --Sage Francis

BirdHunter is offline Starter

Look on Tigerdirect.com. They have a large selection of computer products for very reasonable prices.
    [size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Eyedea" wrote:
    I have the 64 MB GeForce2-class video card. How hard would it be and how much would it cost to get it upgraded?
    Its pretty easy to upgrade you just have to buy a new card and install it. Just make sure its compatible with your mother board. If you already have a gforce card upgrading to gforce 3 or 4 shouldn't be a problem. As far as cost a good place to look is at newegg.

NEWEGG HERE

WWBGD

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

i must also recommend newegg for its fast shipping and low rates. never dealt with tigerdirect, but hear there pretty good too. do you have a laptop or desktop?? this would also make a huge difference as i don't believe you can upgrade a laptop's video card. if you have a desktop though, it's super easy to install. just slide it in (with minimal effort) and update your drivers. and bam, bobs your uncle!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

what operating system do you run??? and the game you are trying to play, does it use open GL that you know of??

if you are running windows XP, the default drivers for your card do not suport open GL (which if your game is newish it might use) before getting a new graphics card, go to the website of the card. (i'm pretty sure the site for geforce cards is something like nividia.com) and download the latest driver for your card, then restart your comp and try again.

its easy to upgrade...but the price can be pretty hefty with video cards...I would check either of the sites above....tiger direct or new egg...they are both great, discouted computer part stores online!

Video cards can tend to be one of the most expensive parts of a computer....but then again, you can get a great one at a huge discount on one of these sites....

Watch for the specials they have on the homepages...sometimes they can have very very high discouted prices! :lol:

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

i would never spend $400 bucks on a, hell that's not even top of the line anymore, video card. i always wait a few months until prices drop and even then i don't get the best bang. what i got now play bf2 fine and thats all i need. hell i could go by xbox 360 for the price of a video card and not have to worry about upgrading my mobo or ram or power supply. plus the x360 will look better anyway.........because i can play it on my t.v!!!!!!! dunno i'm still a pc gamer at heart but sometimes i just wonder why?????????

I don't think I'll get one. Next summer I'll probably get my own computer for college, so to spend hundreds of dollars for one year on a family computer isn't really worth it
    --Sage Francis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast