Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: giving away a sig if anyshvone wants it.

actually lets just make this thread the sig giving a way thread.

this is great for people w/o a sig.

jdogg feel free to pm me.

or wait around and see the goods.

Go vikes!!

[*img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/daunte2moss07/MRobjdogg.gif[/img*]

REMOVE THE *'S. Enjoy.

i decided to try out what del had mentioned a LONG time ago. he said that sigs were lacking in originality so i gave it a shot

i like it.

UP FOR GRABS

Go vikes!!

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    [img]http//i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/lotza119/dovontefreecopy.jpg[/img]

i decided to try out what del had mentioned a LONG time ago. he said that sigs were lacking in originality so i gave it a shot

i like it.

UP FOR GRABS
    i will put in the sn if anyone wants.

Go vikes!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    "Lotzapurple119" wrote:

i like it.

UP FOR GRABS
    Did you just quote yourself? He hee!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    "Lotzapurple119" wrote:

i like it.

UP FOR GRABS
    Did you just quote yourself? He hee!
    whus so funnny about that ultra? :grin:

Go vikes!!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    I'll throw an offering in the ring as well. This one is up for grabs (I can add the new owner's name in once someone claims it):

That is SICK Josdin ... I will take it it your willing to part with it, I am big MM fan also. PM me if it is still available and work out the details as I am clueless when it comes to sigs ..... :lol:
    All yours. I added your name to the lower left.

MNfury - try adding a white matte to the gifs for this forum. I know it's not as good as a png transparency, but the white doesn't really show too much against this forum's backgrounds, and everyone can see the desired effect then, no matter what browser they're using.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    I'll throw an offering in the ring as well. This one is up for grabs (I can add the new owner's name in once someone claims it):

That is SICK Josdin ... I will take it it your willing to part with it, I am big MM fan also. PM me if it is still available and work out the details as I am clueless when it comes to sigs ..... :lol:
    All yours. I added your name to the lower left.

MNfury - try adding a white matte to the gifs for this forum. I know it's not as good as a png transparency, but the white doesn't really show too much against this forum's backgrounds, and everyone can see the desired effect then, no matter what browser they're using.

What do ya mean there? I want to make my sigs better man..

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

If you look at the sig MNFury posted, the edges look a little choppy. That's cause gifs won't allow for partial transparency. Either a certain pixel is completely transparent, or it's a solid color. You need that partial transparency to create a smooth looking line for angled or rounded lines. The .png format will handle partial transparency, but Internet Explorer doesn't know how to read .pngs correctly. Instead of seeing the transparency, IE creates a grey background. (Firefox can read pngs correctly)

Now, when you create an image in photoshop, you have the partial transparency. If you then save it as a gif, photoshop will take any pixels that are partially transparent, and make them fully opaque, keeping the color the same. That creates the choppy edge you see. However, you can matte the gif with a specific color, in which case, photoshop puts that matte color behind all the partially transparent pixels in order to determine the final color of that pixel. That means, that if you use a white matte on a gif, that image will blend perfectly against a white background, as if you still had the partial transparency available. Since this forum's background colors are white and a light grey, a white matte works well enough against both colors that you don't see any choppy line. That's what I did in the sig that mnjamie just claimed to keep Mwelde's head and feet looking smooth. If you put that sig against a dark background, you'd see a white choppy halo around those parts of him.

"josdin00" wrote:
    If you look at the sig MNFury posted, the edges look a little choppy. That's cause gifs won't allow for partial transparency. Either a certain pixel is completely transparent, or it's a solid color. You need that partial transparency to create a smooth looking line for angled or rounded lines. The .png format will handle partial transparency, but Internet Explorer doesn't know how to read .pngs correctly. Instead of seeing the transparency, IE creates a grey background. (Firefox can read pngs correctly)

Now, when you create an image in photoshop, you have the partial transparency. If you then save it as a gif, photoshop will take any pixels that are partially transparent, and make them fully opaque, keeping the color the same. That creates the choppy edge you see. However, you can matte the gif with a specific color, in which case, photoshop puts that matte color behind all the partially transparent pixels in order to determine the final color of that pixel. That means, that if you use a white matte on a gif, that image will blend perfectly against a white background, as if you still had the partial transparency available. Since this forum's background colors are white and a light grey, a white matte works well enough against both colors that you don't see any choppy line. That's what I did in the sig that mnjamie just claimed to keep Mwelde's head and feet looking smooth. If you put that sig against a dark background, you'd see a white choppy halo around those parts of him.
    i have had soooooooooooooo much trouble having sigs with transparency. ugh!

Go vikes!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast