Thread: Gameday Parking

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Gameday Parking

Ok folks, where is the best place to park Sunday in order to get the bell outta there in a timely (less trafficful) way?

Neum suggested Guthrie.

I will be heading straight back to Ohio from the game and I hate traffic. So, I will be going 94 East.

I really do not care about price, I care about getting out with ease.

Thanks!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Gameday Parking

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Ok folks, where is the best place to park Sunday in order to get the bell outta there in a timely (less trafficful) way?

Neum suggested Guthrie.

I will be heading straight back to Ohio from the game and I hate traffic. So, I will be going 94 East.

Thanks!
    I park on the street. Saves $$$ (just remember to bring your quarters) as it is only $8, vs. the $10-20 that most lots and garages cost. As to access to 94, that's really not my deal.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

A guy I know parks in one of the cheaper lots that are on the fringes of the area.
    He watches the very end of the game on one of the TV's by the exit door.
    He then jogs to his truck and beats the crowd out of there.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Screw that. I wait until the very last snap of the game is over before leaving the dome - no matter what the outcome or score. Then I proudly sing 'Skol Vikings' with the rest of the faithful - again no matter what.

Then I head out to the tailgate lot for a last drink with the PP.O crew, and wait patiently for the traffic to subside. Within 1/2 hour it is usually under control, and we drive out of our ramp happy.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

NodakPaul wrote:
    Screw that. I wait until the very last snap of the game is over before leaving the dome - no matter what the outcome or score. Then I proudly sing 'Skol Vikings' with the rest of the faithful - again no matter what.

Then I head out to the tailgate lot for a last drink with the PP.O crew, and wait patiently for the traffic to subside. Within 1/2 hour it is usually under control, and we drive out of our ramp happy.
    I don't blame people at all for leaving early. The chaos in the hallways of the Metrodome is terrible after the game thanks to how narrow they are. The downtown traffic is also terrible following a game, especially if you are stuck on Washington Ave.

I, similar to Jargo's buddy, will often times crawl to the bottom of the upper level and watch the last couple of plays right by the exit to the hallway. After that last snap it's a B-line for the main exists and I can usually beat everybody out and not deal with the chaos, as well as get to see the last play live and in person. Win/Win. Key is to make it close to the end of the game because security will not let you loiter for long near those hallway exits.

I am not going to leave the game early, just want an easy exit

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

ultravikingfan wrote:

Neum suggested Guthrie.

Thanks!
    Well I am your man to talk to. I take 94 East after every game. The key is to get on 6th street. It is a one way street. I would suggest parking in a parking structure near there or even on it. If you don't care about price, there is a couple very close to the dome. I park in the 501 ramp. I pay like $15. You should go to the 1010 ramp. It might be like $25.

marstc09 wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

Neum suggested Guthrie.

Thanks!
    Well I am your man to talk to. I take 94 East after every game. The key is to get on 6th street. It is a one way street. I would suggest parking in a parking structure near there or even on it. If you don't care about price, there is a couple very close to the dome. I park in the 501 ramp. I pay like $15. You should go to the 1010 ramp. It might be like $25.

You pull in off of 6th, and then exit out of 6th street straight shot to the freeway?

Thanks. 501 it is.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

ultravikingfan wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

Neum suggested Guthrie.

Thanks!

You pull in off of 6th, and then exit out of 6th street straight shot to the freeway?

Thanks. 501 it is.
    There is a entrance on 6th and exit on 6th. 6th goes straight to 94 east.

NodakPaul wrote:

Then I head out to the tailgate lot for [strike]last drink[/strike] a victory beer with the PP.O crew, and wait patiently for the traffic to subside. Within 1/2 hour it is usually under control, and we drive out of our ramp happy.
    Fixed for accuracy
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.