Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

A forum for Real World Help?

So - I've been a member of many online forums over the years.
    And in some of them, the community has been so strong that members come to think of them as more than just anonymous avatars and online personas.

This seems to be such a place, as well, which is good.

And that opens up avenues for members to seek help on real world problems.
    Things like tiling a bathroom or buying homeowners insurance.
    I've seen threads which talk about what TV to buy or stereo equipment, as well.

Having a separate forum as a bucket for those threads could be a welcome addition to the community.

Opinions?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: A forum for Real World Help?

Can't those things be put just as well in either The Clubhouse, or in Tix and Such.

Just a thought.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    Can't those things be put just as well in either The Clubhouse, or in Tix and Such.

Just a thought.
    I suppose they could - that's where I've seen the "What TV?" threads, in the Clubhouse.

However, if someone is seeking real help and advice, having it there will probably lead to it getting lost in the flotsam of American Idol and Cousins Get Married threads.

And isn't Tix and Such for selling things?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well Webby might entertain the idea but there is always the Clubhouse. As you say with such a strong community here it does mean help is at hand from many and varied sources.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The "Help" forum was are designed with all that in mind.

Its help for everything.

Del Rio Guest

Just PM me I have all the answers and if I don't know I will make some shit up for you.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

I really like that idea.

The clubhouse would be fine but the thread might get loss.

Can you do sub-boards?
    Like putting another board inside a board?
    It would go into the clubhouse but there would be a sub catagory for solving lifes probs, and viking fan clubs around the states....These are just ideas.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I see the additions of these new suggested forums & there related threads as clusterfux.

I may be alone on this, but when I look at the latest talk, I like to see mostly football talk, with a few of the random threads thrown in there.

Very few times this past season have I seen it as mostly football. The Vikings topics & general football topics quickly get buried by random news story topics.

Bringing on new forums to add DIY & PP.O Hell threads will just add more non-football related topics to the latest talk list.

We have a lot of lurkers & members that come in here & look at the latest talk list looking for football info on what is supposedly a Vikings football site.

Imagine looking for a Vikings forum to call home & when you look at the latest talk list you see threads on spackling, how to lay tile, where to by insurance & who to get that jism stain out of the bed comforter before your wife gets home.

I'm not against the new forums, but as I have suggested before, there should be a latest talk list for the football related topics & another for everything else.

It would keep the football latest talk list a lot cleaner & help prevent the duplication of threads.

It used to be everything that was in the two beers minimum never showed up in the latest talk list, but with the changeover to the new site that fell by the wayside.

I also suggested tab icons, like on the left side of the screen, (your other left Bono) for all the non football forums & once you activate one, it gives you a pop up list of the latest talk threads for that particular forum.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    I really like that idea.

The clubhouse would be fine but the thread might get loss.

Can you do sub-boards?
    Like putting another board inside a board?
    It would go into the clubhouse but there would be a sub catagory for solving lifes probs, and viking fan clubs around the states....These are just ideas.
    Like I said, we have a "Help" forum already.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    I see the additions of these new suggested forums & there related threads as clusterfux.

I may be alone on this, but when I look at the latest talk, I like to see mostly football talk, with a few of the random threads thrown in there.

Very few times this past season have I seen it as mostly football. The Vikings topics & general football topics quickly get buried by random news story topics.

Bringing on new forums to add DIY & PP.O Hell threads will just add more non-football related topics to the latest talk list.

We have a lot of lurkers & members that come in here & look at the latest talk list looking for football info on what is supposedly a Vikings football site.

Imagine looking for a Vikings forum to call home & when you look at the latest talk list you see threads on spackling, how to lay tile, where to by insurance & who to get that jism stain out of the bed comforter before your wife gets home.

I'm not against the new forums, but as I have suggested before, there should be a latest talk list for the football related topics & another for everything else.

It would keep the football latest talk list a lot cleaner & help prevent the duplication of threads.

It used to be everything that was in the two beers minimum never showed up in the latest talk list, but with the changeover to the new site that fell by the wayside.

I also suggested tab icons, like on the left side of the screen, (your other left Bono) for all the non football forums & once you activate one, it gives you a pop up list of the latest talk threads for that particular forum.

You can always count on Singer to bring the truth...you the man mustache!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast