Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    A forum for Real World Help?

    So - I've been a member of many online forums over the years.
    And in some of them, the community has been so strong that members come to think of them as more than just anonymous avatars and online personas.

    This seems to be such a place, as well, which is good.

    And that opens up avenues for members to seek help on real world problems.
    Things like tiling a bathroom or buying homeowners insurance.
    I've seen threads which talk about what TV to buy or stereo equipment, as well.

    Having a separate forum as a bucket for those threads could be a welcome addition to the community.

    Opinions?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #2
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: A forum for Real World Help?

    Can't those things be put just as well in either The Clubhouse, or in Tix and Such.

    Just a thought.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: A forum for Real World Help?

    "cogitans" wrote:
    Can't those things be put just as well in either The Clubhouse, or in Tix and Such.

    Just a thought.
    I suppose they could - that's where I've seen the "What TV?" threads, in the Clubhouse.

    However, if someone is seeking real help and advice, having it there will probably lead to it getting lost in the flotsam of American Idol and Cousins Get Married threads.

    And isn't Tix and Such for selling things?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: A forum for Real World Help?

    Well Webby might entertain the idea but there is always the Clubhouse. As you say with such a strong community here it does mean help is at hand from many and varied sources.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  5. #5
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: A forum for Real World Help?

    The "Help" forum was are designed with all that in mind.

    Its help for everything.

  6. #6
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: A forum for Real World Help?

    Just PM me I have all the answers and if I don't know I will make some shit up for you.

  7. #7
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: A forum for Real World Help?

    I really like that idea.



    The clubhouse would be fine but the thread might get loss.


    Can you do sub-boards?
    Like putting another board inside a board?
    It would go into the clubhouse but there would be a sub catagory for solving lifes probs, and viking fan clubs around the states....These are just ideas.

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: A forum for Real World Help?

    I see the additions of these new suggested forums & there related threads as clusterfux.

    I may be alone on this, but when I look at the latest talk, I like to see mostly football talk, with a few of the random threads thrown in there.

    Very few times this past season have I seen it as mostly football. The Vikings topics & general football topics quickly get buried by random news story topics.

    Bringing on new forums to add DIY & PP.O Hell threads will just add more non-football related topics to the latest talk list.

    We have a lot of lurkers & members that come in here & look at the latest talk list looking for football info on what is supposedly a Vikings football site.

    Imagine looking for a Vikings forum to call home & when you look at the latest talk list you see threads on spackling, how to lay tile, where to by insurance & who to get that jism stain out of the bed comforter before your wife gets home.

    I'm not against the new forums, but as I have suggested before, there should be a latest talk list for the football related topics & another for everything else.

    It would keep the football latest talk list a lot cleaner & help prevent the duplication of threads.

    It used to be everything that was in the two beers minimum never showed up in the latest talk list, but with the changeover to the new site that fell by the wayside.

    I also suggested tab icons, like on the left side of the screen, (your other left Bono) for all the non football forums & once you activate one, it gives you a pop up list of the latest talk threads for that particular forum.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #9
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: A forum for Real World Help?

    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    I really like that idea.



    The clubhouse would be fine but the thread might get loss.


    Can you do sub-boards?
    Like putting another board inside a board?
    It would go into the clubhouse but there would be a sub catagory for solving lifes probs, and viking fan clubs around the states....These are just ideas.
    Like I said, we have a "Help" forum already.

  10. #10
    OchoCinco's Avatar
    OchoCinco is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    770

    Re: A forum for Real World Help?

    "singersp" wrote:
    I see the additions of these new suggested forums & there related threads as clusterfux.

    I may be alone on this, but when I look at the latest talk, I like to see mostly football talk, with a few of the random threads thrown in there.

    Very few times this past season have I seen it as mostly football. The Vikings topics & general football topics quickly get buried by random news story topics.

    Bringing on new forums to add DIY & PP.O Hell threads will just add more non-football related topics to the latest talk list.

    We have a lot of lurkers & members that come in here & look at the latest talk list looking for football info on what is supposedly a Vikings football site.

    Imagine looking for a Vikings forum to call home & when you look at the latest talk list you see threads on spackling, how to lay tile, where to by insurance & who to get that jism stain out of the bed comforter before your wife gets home.

    I'm not against the new forums, but as I have suggested before, there should be a latest talk list for the football related topics & another for everything else.

    It would keep the football latest talk list a lot cleaner & help prevent the duplication of threads.

    It used to be everything that was in the two beers minimum never showed up in the latest talk list, but with the changeover to the new site that fell by the wayside.

    I also suggested tab icons, like on the left side of the screen, (your other left Bono) for all the non football forums & once you activate one, it gives you a pop up list of the latest talk threads for that particular forum.

    You can always count on Singer to bring the truth...you the man mustache!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Some REAL reasons to watch the World Cup
    By Traveling_Vike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 11:45 AM
  2. If the real world was like PP.O....
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 09:12 PM
  3. 12-year undergrad postpones the real world -- again
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 01:11 AM
  4. The Real World
    By ChiTownVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 04:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •