Thread: Flash files

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Flash files

I've been trying to convert my sig file, and 2BeersTommy's sig as well to a flash file. - so that we cab reduce the bandwidth as per Webby's request
    The conversion seems ok and I can view it ok via a browser to where it's hosted. However when I put the link into my profile then all I see is a red cross - so its not displaying.
    Anyone have any idea as to why that is happening ?? is it the way I've saved the file or is the way I'm trying to link to it.
    Tried it when the file is hosted on two different hosting sites, so wondering if its the way I'm doing it.
    Help please !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Flash files

"AngloVike" wrote:
    I've been trying to convert my sig file, and 2BeersTommy's sig as well to a flash file. - so that we cab reduce the bandwidth as per Webby's request
    The conversion seems ok and I can view it ok via a browser to where it's hosted. However when I put the link into my profile then all I see is a red cross - so its not displaying.
    Anyone have any idea as to why that is happening ?? is it the way I've saved the file or is the way I'm trying to link to it.
    Tried it when the file is hosted on two different hosting sites, so wondering if its the way I'm doing it.
    Help please !
    In your sig, instead of
    Code:
    [img]
    you need to use
    Code:
    [flash width=250 height=250]http://dsdsdsd.com[/flash]

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"webmaster" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Help please !
    In your sig, instead of
    Code:
    [img]
    you need to use
    Code:
    [flash width=250 height=250]http://dsdsdsd.com[/flash]
    Thanks for that Webby ! I take it the flash width and height can be adjusted so that the sig looks ok ? or is the 250x250 a limit that you want them restricted to ?

And another question, I exported a file to SWF and the file size increased !! thought SWF was supposed to reduce file sizes ?? and I exported the file exactly as I did before for another - which did reduce in size
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Lots of variables go into that, so I won't bore you with it. Just go with the smaller of the two. LOL

Thanks.