Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Computer Help II

"gregair13" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    http://www.pandasecurity.com/activescan/index/

Try that scan and see what happens. It has always found something on my cpu. Just have to manually go and delete whatever it finds if you don't want to pay (do not pay).

How new is your computer? If whatever virus and spyware protection that came with it is still under warranty, see if they will put it on your computer again. Always keep this stuff as up to date as possible.
    My computer is a around 3 years old now. I have heard it can make things worse to just delete them. Do you know if this is true? That scan came up with one medium threat and a couple of low level ones. Have you registered with that site in order to disinfect any files that it located?
    I have never had a medium level threat from that search, but the low level ones you can just delete. Just search whatever file name it found and delete it. After deleting, scan it again, and delete if anything left. Then reset computer and do it again. If it lists the same stuff that you just deleting coming back, you have a larger problem that I can advise you on.
    Was able to disinfect the medium level threat by registering to the site. The site cleaned it for free. I can't find some of the low level infected files that are labeled adware and tracking cookies. I have the site of the files but cannot seem to find them with search or by going through the folders manually. Any solutions on these or are they not that big of a deal? They say the files are latent meaning they are only hazardous to the computer if activated but how would I know if the cookies, which all these files are, were activated. It also came up with a vulnerable thing about I.E. Since I don't use that, should I still worry about that?

Thanks Josdin

Quick update: I fixed the vulnerable thing in I.E by downloading a patch off of windows website. I scanned my drive again pandasecurity.com and nothing came up, not even the cookies that were showing up before. If this scan, avast!, windows defender, malwarebytes and Spybot: Search and Destroy didn't pick up any corrupted files mean I'm in the clear?

Thanks Josdin

*bump*

Thanks Josdin

Another odd question but this one comes from a friend. If you have your computer off and plug in an ipod through the USB port and then start your computer will it cause a conflict between what is trying to load up the operating system?

Thanks Josdin

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    Another odd question but this one comes from a friend. If you have your computer off and plug in an ipod through the USB port and then start your computer will it cause a conflict between what is trying to load up the operating system?
    Prolly not. Depends on what he has set his booting sequence on in BIOS. But if he notices the computer aint booting, i would suggest taking out any usb memorystick and ipods. And there is no harm done if he try booting it up wit hit plugged in. Just do it and see if it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12