Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Bring back the edit button

Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    PLEASE!!
    There's an edit button after every post I make.
    its not usable after about 30 seconds.
    You should be able to ascertain within 30 seconds if there's something about your post which you need to edit. If one cannot handle that, then those folks should re-read what they write before they click "Submit".

=Z=
    So your saying that for a thread like my "Team Needs", were I solicit input from other posters, I shouldn't have the ability to go back and make updates to the original post if someone gives me something I like?

Kindof kills the intent of the thread don't ya think?

Makes no sense not to have a edit button that is available all the time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

It is fine.

Hell, the newb that posted about the Favre billboard and charity edited his just fine.

And he is a newb...kinda a smack in your face! :laugh:

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

It's really not "fine."

What if you post something, incorrectly copy a URL to a specific article on a certain website, and put it into your post.

You're not going to click your own link, everyone assumes they copy and pasted correctly. You won't know until someone fails to access the link.

Or if you incorrectly embed an image, video, etc.

Also, if you create a thread that you want to frequently update, take the Tailgate threads, or maybe something about available free agents where there is an initial post that can/should be updated. Now there will be initial post, followed by X number pages of discussion, then someone else declares they will attend the tailgate, or a player gets cut, and there is a new "official" list put out, in the middle of the thread, followed by discussion. Then they need to search through the pages of discussion to find the the list that you were looking for, which could simply be on page 1, updated.

It's going to be a nightmare when(if) I make my offseason post, which contains tons of embedded videos, bolded/italic/underlined text.

What's the purpose of messing with the edit function anyway? If it's to save bandwidth, or something of the sort, isn't it counterproductive? If someone makes a mistake they have to create a totally new post to correct it.

Edit: Just for the hell of it.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

vikinggreg wrote:
    life has no edit button
    El underdog.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Mr Anderson wrote:
    It's really not "fine."

What if you post something, incorrectly copy a URL to a specific article on a certain website, and put it into your post.

You're not going to click your own link, everyone assumes they copy and pasted correctly. You won't know until someone fails to access the link.

Or if you incorrectly embed an image, video, etc.

Also, if you create a thread that you want to frequently update, take the Tailgate threads, or maybe something about available free agents where there is an initial post that can/should be updated. Now there will be initial post, followed by X number pages of discussion, then someone else declares they will attend the tailgate, or a player gets cut, and there is a new "official" list put out, in the middle of the thread, followed by discussion. Then they need to search through the pages of discussion to find the the list that you were looking for, which could simply be on page 1, updated.

It's going to be a nightmare when(if) I make my offseason post, which contains tons of embedded videos, bolded/italic/underlined text.

What's the purpose of messing with the edit function anyway? If it's to save bandwidth, or something of the sort, isn't it counterproductive? If someone makes a mistake they have to create a totally new post to correct it.

Edit: Just for the hell of it.
    You edited this post just fine.

The site is still going through changes. Be patient.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I did edit it just fine no more than a few seconds after posting it, which was my point, an instant edit isn't very practical.

I didn't know it was a site change issue, the tone of this thread made it seem like it was gone in a more permanent sense. Considering your response that it is "fine," implying there is nothing wrong with it, as well as Z's first response, I don't see how anyone could interpret it any other way.

If it's just a change-over to the new site issue, no problem. But if I'm made to believe that it's gone permanently I'm going to question it.

I know Webby is out of town, so we can't expect a fix until he's back.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

You can´t create a poll anymore ,right?

My gosh,damn dems
    El underdog.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

You have my vote!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Editing is for pussies.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12