Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I know, I know, you've heard it all before. Sorry, but after searching the HELP forum for everything on avatars, I still can't find an answer. I've worked tech support before, so I know a little bit about this stuff, but I'm not an expert on graphic images. It has also been a few years, so maybe things have changed enough to be beyond my knowledge base.

It might be as simple as getting the image resized, but if that is the case, I can't do it myself because I can't d/l it to a public library terminal. Even if I could d/l it, there's no program on here I could use to resize it. The image is hosted in my photobucket account.

But I don't want to assume that's the only issue, either. It's possible there is a site issue, because when I try to upload what I have, there is no response at all when I click the "upload" button. No error message, no nothing.

Here's the image. If someone possibly could be kind enough to resize it and repost it for me, I'd appreciate it. Also, if anyone has any clue why there are no messages on upload attempt, please tell me. Thanks in advance, guys.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Avatar upload problems

its definitely not too big, I'm not sure why it won't work.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Avatar upload problems

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    I know, I know, you've heard it all before. Sorry, but after searching the HELP forum for everything on avatars, I still can't find an answer. I've worked tech support before, so I know a little bit about this stuff, but I'm not an expert on graphic images. It has also been a few years, so maybe things have changed enough to be beyond my knowledge base.

It might be as simple as getting the image resized, but if that is the case, I can't do it myself because I can't d/l it to a public library terminal. Even if I could d/l it, there's no program on here I could use to resize it. The image is hosted in my photobucket account.

But I don't want to assume that's the only issue, either. It's possible there is a site issue, because when I try to upload what I have, there is no response at all when I click the "upload" button. No error message, no nothing.

Here's the image. If someone possibly could be kind enough to resize it and repost it for me, I'd appreciate it. Also, if anyone has any clue why there are no messages on upload attempt, please tell me. Thanks in advance, guys.

It's not too big. Max size is 160x160 pixels. You're under that.

But I don't think you can upload from a link. You've got to upload it from a location on the hard-drive (I know you're in the library). Is that what you're trying to do?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Zeus wrote:

It's not too big. Max size is 160x160 pixels. You're under that.

But I don't think you can upload from a link. You've got to upload it from a location on the hard-drive (I know you're in the library). Is that what you're trying to do?

=Z=
    OK, either I missed that in reading the earlier posts, or it wasn't there. You are correct. I *can't* upload it from the local terminal, since I *can't* download it in the first place.

I had understood (incorrectly, it seems) that it could be linked from a hosting site such as photobucket, so I went to the trouble of creating an account, finding a good image, and moving it to pb. No soap, eh? Is that only for avatars? I've been able to use direct links for images in posts without problems, once I figured out how.

I guess I will have to go to a friend's place, d/l it to my thumb drive, and either u/l it from there, or bring it back to the library and u/l it from here. <sigh>

Thanks.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

you can hotlink to sigs (bottom of your post) from hosting sites, but yeah, I don't think you can for Avatars.

in the future, if you want to link to an uploaded picture, I find the easiest way is to use www.tinypic.com No account required.