Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Avatar Upload - not working - need Webby help

"Webby" wrote:
    If you choose the radio button next to the upload area, and then choose Browse...you know the rest.

Let me know what happens now.

Thanks.
    I choose the option to upload my own.
    I click Browse.
    I select the picture I want (I'm choosing one which is 80x80 pixels, so it shouldn't object based on size).
    I then click Update Profile.
    The site thinks about it - and when I come back, I have no avatar and the radio button has moved to the top option (whatever it is) with "No Pic" highlighted.

Just tried again this AM - no love.
    I am able to link to a hosted image on PhotoBucket, so that's something, but I would rather do the uploads.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Make an account at Photobucket and upload the image there.
    i have one and i tried that but when i do it that way, the picture is enormous and messes up the margins
    To make the Photobucket thing work, you have to resize the image to be 80x80 pixels in size (or one of the dimensions needs to be 80 pixels and the other re-sized accordingly (so it is smaller) so the image remains in proportion).

=Z=

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    i have one and i tried that but when i do it that way, the picture is enormous and messes up the margins
    To make the Photobucket thing work, you have to resize the image to be 80x80 pixels in size (or one of the dimensions needs to be 80 pixels and the other re-sized accordingly (so it is smaller) so the image remains in proportion).

=Z=

Not trying to be funny Zeus, but are you remembering to put your password in also?....I think you have to do that above on the page somewhere to have your change accepted.....I personaly go thru photobucket...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

=Z=

Not trying to be funny Zeus, but are you remembering to put your password in also?....I think you have to do that above on the page somewhere to have your change accepted.....I personaly go thru photobucket...
    I have tried various things (flushing browser caches, the F5 refresh, checking security controls, etc.)
    I think the PP.O server is mad at me for uploading the bouncing boobies avatar earlier in the week.
    That was the last one I was able to upload.

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I'm not seeing avatars and sigs today.
    Additionally, I don't have the "Yell" working either.
    I just thought my network security guys have something gooned.
    They are checking the lastest network push but assure me they are straight.

Is the Beserker working for you all?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

=Z=

I have tried various things (flushing browser caches, the F5 refresh, checking security controls, etc.)
    I think the PP.O server is mad at me for uploading the bouncing boobies avatar earlier in the week.

=Z=

Don't feel alone, reason I'm not in the yell is because since my name change, for me to go back into yell, I have to go to home page of PPO, logout, go to internet options, clear cookies, clear temp files, then quickly go back to PPO and sign in....Downfall is, many other forums I visit, I have to reset all my options on those and log in also......I did it a couple of times, but it got very old and bothersoom quickly......toying with the idea of going back to VNed because of it.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=32167.msg546187#msg546187 date=1173312610]

=Z=

=Z=

Don't feel alone, reason I'm not in the yell is because since my name change, for me to go back into yell, I have to go to home page of PPO, logout, go to internet options, clear cookies, clear temp files, then quickly go back to PPO and sign in....Downfall is, many other forums I visit, I have to reset all my options on those and log in also......I did it a couple of times, but it got very old and bothersoom quickly......toying with the idea of going back to VNed because of it.......
    [/quote]

If you clear your cookies does it let you back on the Yell?
    Do you have to do it all the time?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12