LaZyDaN is offline Waterboy

Advice: Chicago Vikes fan visiting and going to Vikings Game..

Hey everyone. This question is really for local (Minneapolis) fans who go to the games. I'm a Vikings fan in Chicago and my friends bought me tickets to the Bears/Vikings sunday night game on Nov 30th for my birthday so we'll all be taking a road trip to Minnesota to watch the game. I've been to one Vikings game before. I was there in 2003 (also for my birthday), when the Vikings blew out the Chiefs and their high-powered offense 45-20. Such a great experience.. can't wait to go back.

Anyway my question revolves around taking public transportation to and from the game (the going back to the hotel part my biggest concern). Last time my family stayed at a hotel near the Mall of America and we took a bus from bus station in the basement of the mall to the stadium. I figure that will be the plan again this year but I'm worried about getting back to the mall/our hotel because it's a night game. The Vikings/Chiefs game was an afternoon game so by the time we took the bus back to the mall the mall was still open so no problems. I doubt it will still be open after a 7:30 kickoff this time around. Anyone of you native Minnesotans (I hope that's the right term) have any better ideas about going to and from the game? Do you guys think it's better that we drive to the game although I know there's no real parking lot? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks guys. GO VIKINGS BABY!

aceclown is offline Coach

Re: Advice: Chicago Vikes fan visiting and going to Vikings Game..

If you're staying at a hotel near the MOA, use the Hiawatha Light Rail Line.
    It's cheap, easy, and will take you straight from the MOA to the dome station.
    If you're worried about departure times, here are the listings.

From MOA departures- http://www.metrotransit.org/rail/departures/17_moa.pdf

Departures from the Dome- http://www.metrotransit.org/rail/departures/04_metrodome.pdf

As you'll see from the scheduling, as long as you leave the dome station by midnight after the game you'll be fine getting back to to the MOA station.
    Hope that helps.

Chuch.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The light rail as mentioned above is the way to go. I believe it's $3.50 a head round trip. Keep yout ticket for the return trip.

However, on the return trip, the last stop doesn't drop you back off in the basement of the MOA. It drops you off about two blocks shy of the MOA, but the parking ramp is in plain sight.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

LaZyDaN is offline Waterboy

Thanks a lot guys for taking the time to answer my post. I really appreciate it.
    ;D