Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    darkflood is offline Starter

Wyoming Vikes Fan

Hello from Wyoming. Been a Vikes fan since '92 and lived in Minneapolis for a year in '94 to '95. Been reading the posts; I usually don't get involved with this sort of thing since most of the people who post tend to be, let's just say IQ challenged. After looking about I can see this is something I want to get involved in, and especially since Vikings fans seem few and far between in WY(Mostly Br**onc**os -sorry, I'm puking just by typing this- fans). Hello to all and SKOL Vikings!!!
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

Re: Wyoming Vikes Fan

Welcome! as for there being few Vikes fans where you are, there aren't many here in Michigan, the land of the Lions and crazy weather patterns. As for the IQ thing, i myself maintain above a 3.5, its just my common sense that has momentary lapses. Enjoy the site, always good to see new members!
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

WELCOME

Ouch farvathevikinglover, that does have to be tough. I'm pretty close though. My wife and her WHOLE family is from Green Bay. Christmas is pretty much a nightmare. I actually got boo'd at my wedding(outside of GreenBay, don't ask), when in my speech I yelled "Go Vikings" at the end. Who knew???
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

boo'ed at you're wedding?!?!? I can't imagine that. quite a bit of my family is bears or packers, but they aren't huge football fans. these Lions fans though. many of them seem to be in denial. they usually take it out on me (usually just jokingly, but not always) or Matt Millen.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

It's all in good fun with them usually too. However, my father-in-law is going to take me to the Vikings-Packers game on 12/21. My head is shaved so I paint it all purple with the horns on the side, and a yellow Vikings mustache. Dressed in Vikings gear from head to toe by the way. Should be fun...we'll see how it pans out!!!

sigh... I wish I could go to a Vikings game.... hopefully soon I'll get to see one when we're at the Lions, that would be cool...
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Check out e-bay for tickets. Even if it's the nosebleed seats it will be worth it. My first Vikings game was against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving about 6 years ago? Nosebleed seats and it was awesome! I don't get to many games because of the distance(and as most people here know, driving through the upper mid-west in winter is no fun), but it was worth it every time.

cant wait to go to a vikings game!!! and i gotta agree about the driving. ever been through Chicago? that can be horrible. and here in Michigan, we also got all that construction going on.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Chad8970 is offline Rookie

Check out startribune.com for tickets. I have also had great luck just looking for tickets the day of the game. There are always guys out there trying to sell them. Don't go on dome property or accross the street, there are guys a couple blocks away. There are always people trying to sell tickets in the parking lot too. One year we waited till after the first quarter and just walked in and found some seats in the lower deck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast