Why, hello! New Members Start a New Topic!
Well, after watching this site for over a year, I have decided to contribute to the forum! A little bit about myself: I am originally from Iowa (don't hold that against me), l moved to Boston for a few years to attend law school (don't hold that against me), I am now an employment litigation attorney working in the Twin Cities (don't hold that against me). I actually grew up in a Packer family, (please forgive them, they know not what they do) but, of course, in pure spite became a Vikings family at a very, very young age. I can still remember my first Vikings game at age 7!! My first NFL experience, what did my parents expect????
Well, I think its best to throw out some immediate thoughts about the current newsworthy events:
1. I was a Vikings fan long before Randy Moss came along. It was fun to watch you Randy, but you are not the Vikings organization nor do you represent the ideals of this amazing football team. Remember Randy, long before we were known for an explosive offense, the Vikings were well...."the purple people eaters." Defense, Defense, Defense.
2. Name one wide receive on the New England Patriots that is equal to the talent of Randy Moss? It's a loaded question, b/c you can't!
3. Come on! It's the NFL with big-time contracts and big-time money. Does anyone really think that Red could have traded Randy after entering into a purchase agreement with Fowler??? Hell No!! There are certainly anti-trading clauses in an NFL contract which would prohibit an owner from selling their "superstars" after entering into a signed purchase agreement. UNLESS, the previoius owner OK'd the situation. My theory....Not only did the organization want Randy out, but Fowler also wanted Randy out the door. It would be CRAZY for a new owner, especially a new MINORITY owner to come in and air-mail our superstar to Oakland. Political-football suicide if you will....therefore, Red was the fall guy. Why? Because EVERYONE would fall for it. Smart thinking Fowler!! I like the guy already!
4. The Moss trade was indeed a SMART trade. Think about it...Terrell Owns, arguably the 2nd best Wide receiver in the league only garnered a 2nd round pick!!! The Vikings received the #7 overall pick, a starting SAM linebacker and a 7th round pick! Randy on the other hand...hamstring problems, ankle problems, attitude problems....We have already received the best value out of Randy Moss.....Good luck Oakland!
5. Randy had his chance. He was here for 7 years and never took us to a Super Bowl. It takes more than one player for a Super Bowl. Please refer back to the New England Patriots.
6. Plexico Burress....Why would you trade one headache with superstar abilities for a migrane with less talent??? Either trade for another receiver or take a 3rd or 4th receiver in FA. Kelly Campbell, you didn't help out the situation. Thanks a lot you dumb a@#. Looks like a trade for Rod Gardner needs to happen.
7. NFL Draft...take the best damn player available on the board. If possible, make a trade for Surtain and the #2 pick for our #7 and #18. We would be guaranteed a superstar at the #2 pick. (almost).
8. I'm trying to respect your opinion, but to all season ticket holders who dropped their tix b/c of the Moss trade...you are going to be very very sorry if this new vikings team comes out and wins the Super Bowl. Thanks though!! Now, I guess I move up that much further on the waiting list!!
Well, I have plenty more opinions, but I guess I will save them. I am looking forward to many conversations in the future.
It is not the easy or convenient life for which I search, but rather life lived to the edge of all my possibility.