krogge is offline Waterboy

where to go this weekend..

2 40 year VIKING fans coming in from Colorado this Friday for Viking playoff game this weekend. First time watching Vikes live, never been to Dome either!!. Any advice for Viking type places to go, things to see, viking events this Friday / Saturday ??? Good Viking oriented sports bars?? Probably won't make it back for long time-want to make most of it.
    None

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re:where to go this weekend..

First off, welcome!

Secondly, as others will be sure to mention - tailgating is an experience you must partake in. Stop by our event before the game.

People will start by 5 or 6AM.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

krogge wrote:
    2 40 year VIKING fans coming in from Colorado this Friday for Viking playoff game this weekend. First time watching Vikes live, never been to Dome either!!. Any advice for Viking type places to go, things to see, viking events this Friday / Saturday ??? Good Viking oriented sports bars?? Probably won't make it back for long time-want to make most of it.
    Every bar in the TC-area will be a Vikings bar this weekend. Where to go most likely depends on where you are staying.

And, as BH said, stop by the PPO tailgate. You will be welcomed as old friends, even though you're brand new to this website.

There's a thread in the Vikings Fan Forum with all the details.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Welcome.

The Vikings street team will be at a couple different bars on Saturday. Usually you get some cheap vikings crap(I've gotten beads, coolie cups, t-shirts, hats) and the big prize is they usually give out one pair of Tickets for the Miller Lite Party deck in the dome.
    Here's the link if your interested.
    http://www.vikings.com/fans/promotions/street-team-appearances.html

[strike]Saturday January 9th
    Sunshine Factory in Crystal from 4:30-6:30 PM
    Joe Senser’s in Bloomington from 4:30-6:30 PM
    Big Louie’s in Crystal from 7:00-9:00 PM
    Bunny’s in St. Louis Park from 7:00-9:00 PM

(They have dates and times for Sunday, but I'm guessing the schedule was made before the playoffs).[/strike]
    edit: Oh I got my dates wrong. The only one posted coming up is
    Friday January 15th
    Buffalo Wild Wings in Chanhassen from 10:00 AM – Noon
    **Watch Paul Allen Broadcast his show Live **

Check the link in a couple days and they may have more events scheduled.

krogge is offline Waterboy

Thank for the invite!! We'll definitely be there. Viking fans are few and far between out here, and having a chance to hang-out with some purple jerseys on game day would be really great. thanks again.
    None

avikes3 is offline Waterboy

Posted on another thread. Didn't realize this was the introduction board. I am a 30 year Viking fan from New Orleans coming to town for the first time as well.We're staying at the Hilton Metrodome. Looking foward to the tailgate party. Hope there are convience stores to get beer before we get started. Also can I walk with ice chest in hand to site without being arrested. I realize most cities aren't as leniant as New Orleans. Trying to figure a way I can get a couple of King Cakes to the party without getting them mashed.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

avikes3 wrote:
    Posted on another thread. Didn't realize this was the introduction board. I am a 30 year Viking fan from New Orleans coming to town for the first time as well.We're staying at the Hilton Metrodome. Looking foward to the tailgate party. Hope there are convience stores to get beer before we get started. Also can I walk with ice chest in hand to site without being arrested. I realize most cities aren't as leniant as New Orleans. Trying to figure a way I can get a couple of King Cakes to the party without getting them mashed.
    Yes, you can walk to the tailgate lot without getting arrested. I wouldn't walk down the streets with an open beer until you get to the Dome, if I were you.

Also - Minnesota does NOT allow alcohol sales on SUNDAY. So - get your beer on Saturday or you'll be buying from overpriced vendors.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!