Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    KevinK is offline Starter

What pieces of the puzzle is missing from the Vikings to win games? Playoffs?

I feel we just have to many missed tackles in special teams.
    We need to tackle better in our defensive secondary, and we need better play on our oline.
    8-8 this year just pisses me off.
    I want more than Holcumb..... I want results from our team early with a 4-0 start and than a hard 4 game stretch could bring reality to our youngsters.
    But what can we do to help next year if no playoffs this year?
    I live in Connecticut, married ,30 yrs old, 2 kids , retail manager.
    My fathers side is from Minnesota, but havent ben there in 17 yrs.
    My passion is Vikings football.... period.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What pieces of the puzzle is missing from the Vikings to win games? Playoffs?

welcome to the site

SKOL!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: What pieces of the puzzle is missing from the Vikings to win games? Playoffs?

Welcome to PP.O KevinK! The best damn Vikings site on the net.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What pieces of the puzzle is missing from the Vikings to win games? Playoffs

To answer your question...
    Some may argue with me but I don't think it's ONE BIG THING the Vikings are missing. It's several small things.
    1. A kick off guy who can put the ball five yards into the end zone rather than the 10 year line giving every team we play against at lest 15 extra yards of field position.
    2. A punter who can not only "boom" punts but also has a "touch" short kicks to put them out of bounds inside the 10.
    3. A good deep threat at WR
    4. A strong offensive line on the right side.
    None of these positions is "terrible" but they all will lose you games.
    I think most everyone would add to this list a solid QB but I'm still reserving judgement on TJ. I think he's looking good and will be a great NFL quarterback after some seasoning. I'm hoping we picked up the experienced backup we needed for him in Holcomb. It's still to early to tell.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: What pieces of the puzzle is missing from the Vikings to win games? Playoffs

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Some may argue with me but I don't think it's ONE BIG THING the Vikings are missing. It's several small things.
    1. A kick off guy who can put the ball five yards into the end zone rather than the 10 year line giving every team we play against at lest 15 extra yards of field position.
    2. A punter who can not only "boom" punts but also has a "touch" short kicks to put them out of bounds inside the 10.
    I think most everyone would add to this list a solid QB but I'm still reserving judgement on TJ. I think he's looking good and will be a great NFL quarterback after some seasoning. I'm hoping we picked up the experienced backup we needed for him in Holcomb. It's still to early to tell.
    I think your pretty dead on there.
    If we had most of those needs met, TJacks inexperience wouldn't even be much of an issue period.
    From what we've seen this preseason (for what it's worth), we have little reason to fear that TJack will be the primary cause of the purple pains.

Refs that can see & can call a fair game?
    :-

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"singersp" wrote:
    :-\
    A True homer...it's always the refs fault!
    ;D

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    :-\
    A True homer...it's always the refs fault!
    ;D
    LOL! I thought I'd randomly throw that one in there after seeing 2 pass interference plays against the Vikings last week that weren't called.

ajjanssen is offline Rookie

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I just want to comment on how important I think a kicker who can put it in the endzone is.
    We as fans have not had such a man since the snickers eating Mitch Berger.

If you kick it in the endzone, you don't need as good of a kick coverage team therefore relieving the neccesity of carrying players simply for that role.
    I get so sick of keeping players because they are great at covering kicks.
    It is so wasteful if they can't do anything else for you because if you kick it in the endzone you don't need it.

Couldn't agree with that aspect more

A lot of pieces to the Vikings puzzle are missing. A few edge pieces. A couple in the middle. Did you check the floor? Maybe they're stuck in the box.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast