Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AllDay28 is offline Waterboy

Waddup from Denver

I've lurked this board for long enough to know that new members need to introduce themselves here. Why it took this long to register as a user, I have no idea.

I'm born in Fargo and grew up all over MN and ND as a huge Vikings fan. I have lived outside of Denver for about 7 years now. (Thank God for the Sunday Ticket) My friends have tried for a long time to convert me to a Donkeys fan, but I'm happy to report they have been unsucessful so far. I've been reading this website for about three years now and I enjoy all the posts and opinions from all the members. I have no clue why I haven't posted to this point, but the excitement of the upcoming season compelled me to share some of my opinions on our Beloved Purple with you. I plan on hanging around here for awhile so if I step on any toes, just put me in my place.

I figure I should start this thread with an interesting story you guys would probably enjoy.

As you all know, the last Vikes game of the season last year was here in Denver. What you probably didnt't know was that Vikes fans came into Invesco Field and OWNED the place that day.

My wife (a converted Vikings fan from Manhatten) and I met a
    bunch of our friends (obviously Bronco fans) for a little tailgating about 4-5 hours before the game started. When we got there my friends were shocked at the amount of Purple they saw. These guys have been going to Broncos games for 20 years, and they couldn't believe the amount of Vikings fans at the stadium
    4 hours before kickoff.
    I informed them that there's a lot of us Minnesotans living here in Colorado and that the Vikes come here once every 8th season or so.

Then we saw it.

Some dude had a van with that 30 ft blowup Vikings player from the commercial where the the Bears fan and the Vikes guy tried to one up each other. He strapped it to the top of his van and it towered over the entire parking lot. Even my Broncos friends had to admit it was awesome.

We all know how the game turned out, and that 4th quarter that TJack played gives me hope that we can be a solid team that will grow into a real Super Bowl contender in the next year or two. I am looking forward to being here for all the highs and lows with you guys. (I just probably won't post during the lows, but I'll be reading)

Ty Sundvor

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Waddup from Denver

welcome to the site

SKOL!!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Hell Yeah, Good to see you have stepped up and given yourself a voice to chime in.
    Welcome to the site.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome!
    Like you I grew up in Minnesota/North Dakota and moved to Colorado. I'm in Kentucky now but never gave up my love for the Vikes. I hated those blue and orange uniforms.
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

welcome to the site. very nice intro! keep the quality in the posts, instead of quanitity like the rest of us
    We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"AllDay28" wrote:
    I've lurked this board for long enough to know that new members need to introduce themselves here. Why it took this long to register as a user, I have no idea.
    Valkommen and SKOL!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"AllDay28" wrote:

We all know how the game turned out, and that 4th quarter that TJack played gives me hope that we can be a solid team that will grow into a real Super Bowl contender in the next year or two. I am looking forward to being here for all the highs and lows with you guys. (I just probably won't post during the lows, but I'll be reading)

No, that is the best time to post/vent,
    I am just hoping that we don't have many lows the next few seasons.

Welcome to PPO!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Nice, great story too!!! Welcome to the boards!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Interesting read.
    Lurked for three years?
    That's some serious lurking right there.
    Kind of like the invisible man that joins the family reunion visible and he knows everything about everyone else and nobody knows anything about him.
    Glad you're joining the fun.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Welcome to the very best Vikings site on the web, post often and have fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast