Ohjay is offline Waterboy

A viking Vikings fan

Hey all. faraway viking fan here, coming all the way from chilly Sweden.

Still quite new to the whole football thing, I started watching a few games early in the previous season, caught the bug and continued to watch every round of the season. Towards the Superbowl I was starting to get the hang of rules and the lovely intricacies of the game. The learning curve is steep to say the least

I became a Vikings fan because of Ponder... I saw the week 3 game against the Packers and I was impressed by what he, as a rookie, was doing in such a difficult game. I was pretty clueless at that time, but I like Ponder and I hope he'll develop nicely this season.

Anyway, I became a Viking fan and now I'm planning a trip to come see the Vikings later in the year, actually all that's left is buying the ticket for the game(week 3 game against the 49ers). It's going to be a great football experience and hopefully I can meet up with some of you at the tailgate party

Oh, a question to wrap this post up. I was looking for gameday tickets but so far Ticketmaster only has upper level tickets for sale, does that mean the lower level tickets are sold out or that they'll be released at a later date(anyone know when if this is the case)?

Skol!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

A viking Vikings fan

Welcome and Skol!!

The lower single game tickets will come later I think. We ran into the same thing and our ticket rep wasn't real helpful.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Welcome! You're right about the steep learning curve for a new football fan, but it's well worth it once you know enough to understand what's going on all over the field, instead of just watching the ball.

I have high hopes for Ponder, too, but he's got a tough road ahead of him. He still needs more weapons to help him out. I expect improvement this year, but perhaps not the giant leap forward that we would like to see.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Ohjay is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    The lower single game tickets will come later I think. We ran into the same thing and our ticket rep wasn't real helpful.
    Thanks, I'll keep looking at Ticketmaster for them to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    Welcome! You're right about the steep learning curve for a new football fan, but it's well worth it once you know enough to understand what's going on all over the field, instead of just watching the ball.
    I'm having an off-season myself, trying to learn as much as possible before the first pre-season games.

My minicamp consisted of watching Hard Knocks. Say what you will about that show, but for a newbie it does give a slight insight into an NFL organisation, how the roster works, how training is done and you also get a glimpse of some of the technical elements that a player has to be able to perform at various positions.

Training-camp starts today where I'll start to read "Take your eye off the ball"(ISBN: 9781600786174) and when I'm done with that I'm gonna read "Blood, sweat & chalk" (ISBN: 9781603208888), all of this of course mixed in with watching some of the games from last season.
    Hopefully I've learned enough to start to contribute a bit here on the forums

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Seems like your about the 5th or 6th new member that is from overseas new to the site.

Welcome to the site my newest purple and gold friend. Post well and often.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg