Re: Viking fan living in SD on his own free will

Welcome to the boards!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

"sdfrenchy" wrote:
    What's up everyone? Time to introduce myself. I live in Sioux Falls and I am a life long Viking fan. My dad, my sister and I are the only Vikes fans in our family. There are about 30 loud, obnoxious Packer fans comprising the rest of the family. I hate the Packers!
    Went to the Raider game today and had an absolute blast!
    My stance on the current Viking situation is:
    Chilly: He needs one more year. I feel it would be bad for the team to have a coaching carousel.
    TJack: Could be good. Needs more time
    Vikes fans: Be more patient. We have some great young players (AD, TJack, Rice, Allison, Henderson, Greenway, Robison, etc) They could be a special group in the not too distant future. I think we need to keep what we got going one more year and it could come together nice. Let's hope and try to stay positive and look for the good things our team does.
    Skol Vikings!
    Welcome, my friend.
    I was born is Sioux Falls, went to college at USD (University of South Dakota), and now, live in Delaware...reluctantly.

Now, Chilly...another year - ok, only if there is continued progress the rest of the way.
    If he goes 1-5 or 2-4...with disarray, good-bye.
    I agree with your assessment regarding young talent, in fact, how cool is it that our two OLB's are South Dakota boys?

IMO we are close, however, we need three critical players:
    QB - TJack may have talent, howver, he is at least two years (approx 30 games) away.
    With Favre, this team is 8-2...minimum.
    There seems to be a shortage of good QB's in the League...not happy we didn't at least try for Garcia.
    CB, believe it or not, (someone like Al Harris or Charles Woodson).
    I will give the Organization credit for trying someone like Smoot; he simply didn't work in the scheme.
    I don't know enough about schemes to recognize whether Griffin and/or McCauley are good fits.
    Winfield is a good fit no matter what.
    WR (Sidney looks like a player).
    We need an upgrade.

Thoughts?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

sdfrenchy is offline Rookie

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "sdfrenchy" wrote:
    What's up everyone? Time to introduce myself. I live in Sioux Falls and I am a life long Viking fan. My dad, my sister and I are the only Vikes fans in our family. There are about 30 loud, obnoxious Packer fans comprising the rest of the family. I hate the Packers!
    Went to the Raider game today and had an absolute blast!
    My stance on the current Viking situation is:
    Chilly: He needs one more year. I feel it would be bad for the team to have a coaching carousel.
    TJack: Could be good. Needs more time
    Vikes fans: Be more patient. We have some great young players (AD, TJack, Rice, Allison, Henderson, Greenway, Robison, etc) They could be a special group in the not too distant future. I think we need to keep what we got going one more year and it could come together nice. Let's hope and try to stay positive and look for the good things our team does.
    Skol Vikings!
    Welcome, my friend.
    I was born is Sioux Falls, went to college at USD (University of South Dakota), and now, live in Delaware...reluctantly.

Now, Chilly...another year - ok, only if there is continued progress the rest of the way.
    If he goes 1-5 or 2-4...with disarray, good-bye.
    I agree with your assessment regarding young talent, in fact, how cool is it that our two OLB's are South Dakota boys?

IMO we are close, however, we need three critical players:
    QB - TJack may have talent, howver, he is at least two years (approx 30 games) away.
    With Favre, this team is 8-2...minimum.
    There seems to be a shortage of good QB's in the League...not happy we didn't at least try for Garcia.
    CB, believe it or not, (someone like Al Harris or Charles Woodson).
    I will give the Organization credit for trying someone like Smoot; he simply didn't work in the scheme.
    I don't know enough about schemes to recognize whether Griffin and/or McCauley are good fits.
    Winfield is a good fit no matter what.
    WR (Sidney looks like a player).
    We need an upgrade.

Thoughts?
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
    Love the lbs from SD. I especially like Greenway because I'm a Hawkeye fan as well. ;D

I don't really feel that Chilly is the answer or TJack for that matter. But look at teams like the Dolphins. They haven't kept a QB or a coach for long and their not doing too hot. I think they deserve at least another year. I do want a veteran QB next season. Pennington or McNabb maybe. I'm not sure that drafting a QB in the early rounds would be smart as they will need time to develop. Our WRs are young so is the QB if they can play together one more year they could be something. We're 4-6 this year and we lost most of our games by less than 10 points. Next year we could turn the corner if the WRS and QB play more consistently. We could win the close games. Next year it's playoffs or bust!

I think getting a new coach and system and QB next year would be a big mistake. Not many coaches can come in and have the team ready their first year. Tomlin seems like the exception.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Official BBQ Platypus "Welcome to Insert Forum Name Here" Cookie-Cutter Form Letter:

Greetings, New Poster(s)!
    As of now, my feelings toward you are completely neutral! May they remain neutral or better for many a month, before you say something that annoys me slightly until about a week later when I forget about it! Then, may they remain neutral again!

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Skol and welcome!

Glad you had a good time at the Rayduh game!

[img width=450 height=360]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/ca_beer_cans.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12