Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Temp Viking Fan

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Temp Viking Fan

Hey guys, don't be too hard on this guy!

I understand that he wants to follow a player like Brett Favre, no matter what team he plays for. Favre is awesome! So I understand why you (Brett Star) want his team to win games. Even a big rival like the Vikings.

However, I wouldn't go as far to say that Favre "carries" this team.
    Yes, Favre is one of the strongest MVP candidates in 2009, arguably leading the race as I'm writing this.
    Yes, the Vikings are 9-1 in the first time in over a decade and they wouldn't be it without Favre.

But you have to remember that the Vikings were a good team before Brett Favre. Vikings won the NFC Norh before Brett Favre and everyone said that the Vikings were a good quarterback from going to the Super Bowl. The Vikings didn't even need a great quarterback. A game manager was really all we needed, but Favre is doing more than that and he is doing it great. Vikings would not be 9-1 without Favre, but I doupt that we would be worse than 7-3 without Favre.

Brett Favre has made the Vikings into arguably the best team in the NFL, but the Vikings have also made Brett Favre much better. Great players on both sides of the ball is the reason why Favre is having his best season playing for the Vikings at the age of 40.

Reasons why Brett Favre is playing his best at the age of 40:

1. Adrian Peterson are making the opposing defense focus on the running attack which leads to more freedom and less pressure on Favre.

2. Sidney Rice is making catches that most receivers can't make.

3. Percy Harvin is gaining a lot of yards after the catch which makes Favre look better.

4. The offensive line is doing a great job in pass protecting. You could almost make that 5 reason instead, one for each player on the line.
    ;D

6. The defense is preventing the opposing team from scoring, thus resulting in...

a. ... great field position when Favre enters the field

b. ....less pressure on Favre as the opposing team is behind and expects more run plays.

I think it's kinda sad that Favre played all those seasons in Green Bay, and then goes to the Vikings and have the greatest season of his life in his first year with the Vikings.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

fan team loyalty isnt important anymore?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I would have more respect if he admitted to following the Favrester around and being a fan of that team like a lot have already done.
    Not a temp Vikings fan.
    That's fulltime idiocy.

HEY
    Blog Entries

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Fan team loyalty is important, but I have nothing against fan PLAYER loyalty either. Brett Favre has probably touched the hearts of more people than any other current NFL player and he was the face of the Packers for over a decade. I understand why Brett Starr wants the best for a player that has given him (and other Packers fans) so many great moment. I now
    finally understand why Brett Favre was a hero in Wisconsin. He's the people's champ!

Purple_Jesus is offline Starter

"HEY" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Fan team loyalty is important, but I have nothing against fan PLAYER loyalty either. Brett Favre has probably touched the hearts of more people than any other current NFL player and he was the face of the Packers for over a decade. I understand why Brett Starr wants the best for a player that has given him (and other Packers fans) so many great moment. I now
    finally understand why Brett Favre was a hero in Wisconsin. He's the people's champ!
    You are 100% correct.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Fan player loyalty is fine.
    But you can't go on a team's fansite and say their team is complete crap, and it wouldn't be anywhere without said player.
    Here I'll give an example.

I go to the New England fan forums and create a post called "Temp Pat Fan".
    In this post it reads:

Hey guys, I hate the Patriots because I think they are garbage without Moss. But I just wanted to say Moss has carried the team to where it was, and you should thank me for being a fan of where Moss came from.
    I'll give you an early You're Welcome, since you don't really need to thank me.
    Also, please kiss the left foot before you kiss the right one.
    I like to have everything done from left to right, just like how your team would be bitch slapped if they didn't have Randy Moss.

That's exactly how I took this ass clown.

HEY
    Blog Entries

"Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    You are 100% correct.
    Couldn't agree more.
    But you can't go on a team's fansite and say their team is complete crap, and it wouldn't be anywhere without said player.

In this post it reads:

Hey guys, I hate the Patriots because I think they are garbage without Moss. But I just wanted to say Moss has carried the team to where it was, and you should thank me for being a fan of where Moss came from.
    I like to have everything done from left to right, just like how your team would be bitch slapped if they didn't have Randy Moss.

Haha +1 Loved your post, Purple_Jesus!
    ;D

I didn't take it like that, but I can understand why it pissed some people off.

I'm shure that Brett Starr doesn't think that the Vikings would be nothing without Favre. If he does, than he does not know much about american football. Everybody can see that the Vikings was the perfect fit for him. It's a team sport!

Like they said, Brett Favre was the last piece of the puzzle.

"HEY" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    You are 100% correct.
    Couldn't agree more.

In this post it reads:

Haha +1
    Loved your post, Purple_Jesus!

I'm shure that Brett Starr don't think that the Vikings would be nothing without Favre. If he does, than he does not know much about american football. Everybody can see that the Vikings was the perfect fit for him. It's a team sport! Like they say, Brett Favre is the last piece of the puzzle.
    " You are delusional if you think the Vikings would go anywhere without Favre. You probably even think Childress would have gotten a contract extension without Favre.
    Winning the North is nothing to brag about. When Favre gets you a Superbowl then you can brag.
    Sorry to break it to you but this is Favres team, now. "

He honestly thinks the Vikings would be nothing without Favre.

HEY
    Blog Entries

"Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    You are 100% correct.
    Couldn't agree more.

In this post it reads:

Haha +1

I'm shure that Brett Starr don't think that the Vikings would be nothing without Favre. If he does, than he does not know much about american football. Everybody can see that the Vikings was the perfect fit for him. It's a team sport! Like they say, Brett Favre is the last piece of the puzzle.
    " You are delusional if you think the Vikings would go anywhere without Favre. You probably even think Childress would have gotten a contract extension without Favre.
    Winning the North is nothing to brag about. When Favre gets you a Superbowl then you can brag.

'
    I didn't see that post. It definitely changed my opinion of him. It seems like he's either an ignorant 8 year old or just after som smack talk.

"HEY" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    [quote author=BadlandsViking link=topic=54325.msg1020149#msg1020149 date=1258948205]
    You are 100% correct.
    Couldn't agree more.

In this post it reads:

Haha +1

'
    I didn't see that post. It definitely changed my opinion of him. It seems like he's either an ignorant 8 year old or just after som smack talk.
    [/quote]

Lol thanks for the support.
    I'm not sure if he's just trolling or if he really is an ignorant moron.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

If you are a fan of Favre go to a Favre site.
    PPO is purplepride.
    Its the vikings through n through till the end.
    You can't be temporary.
    Its like bloodz n cripz out here, blood in blood out.
    I'd watch ur ass too cuz ultra's got mad gunz n shit

If your looking for a Favre site to talk about how amazing he is visit, he'll even wish you a happy birthday if you do him or favor or if you just click the birthday tab...

www.officialbrettfavre.com

or the less popular and more extremist

www.ilovefavreandjustcantseemtogetoffhisdickcuzhis 40yearoldasshasseducedme.com
    *it might be .net or .org or .edu or something like that.

I hear that John Madden is the webmaster
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast