Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Raider fan rooting for the Vikings

"CHAMPION316" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Welcome to the site. Is Al Davis technically still considered alive. I Am not trying to sound mean but I seriously belive that he will die watching the football game
    Lmao could happen, I mean Davis is the Raiders he made us got us 3 wonderful rings, but after that superbowl he has lost it. If he still wants to look like a genius I suggest he hire the right coach and let them do what they want not what he wants and draft who they want. So if we accomplish something he can still get credited for it somehow.
    Honestly I don't think a coach would want to go there. Not to rip on you but it seems like The Raoders ahave been the team where players and coaches go to die. The Raiders have a greta history, but you are right Davis needs to step aside and let someone else take over.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Knowing Al Davis, Im sure he'll be interested in Jim Zorn once he leaves Washington.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

Thanks for joining our site, and thank you for taking Heyward-Bey. I doubt Mr Percy Harvin would drop to us if you guy took Crabtree

SharperImage42

I'd been a Raider fan since the 70s, but finally couldn't take it anymore not long ago & jumped ship, too. I can't even imagine being a fan only since their last Superbowl... yikes. Worst period in Raider history. I'm not sure any team has ever had such a miserable six consecutive seasons, and it won't get better any time soon...

Besides, the Vikings are far more like the real Raiders of old. A gunslinger QB, pound it out RB, a D-line that scares opponents, and a CB that hits like a dump truck. Go Vikings!

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I find what has happened to Al Davis to be sad.
    He was once a great football mind, ruthless, and has helped the NFL become what it has.
    Just check out his wiki bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis

Unfortunately, he has seriously lost it.

Once Bill Bidwill Sr. FINALLY turned over the control of the Cards to Michael, in essence rather than title, the Cards have become a far superior team.
    BTW if you didn't know Michael left the family business and became a federal prosecutor before being coasted back to the team.

I don't know much about Al's son Mark, but all he really has to do is hire the right people and let them do their job.

Have faith Raider Nation, Al can't live forever!

BTW, I don't think fans should switch, even if the team moves to a new city, unless a new team comes to their city.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Mike" wrote:
    I'd been a Raider fan since the 70s, but finally couldn't take it anymore not long ago & jumped ship, too. I can't even imagine being a fan only since their last Superbowl... yikes. Worst period in Raider history. I'm not sure any team has ever had such a miserable six consecutive seasons, and it won't get better any time soon...

Besides, the Vikings are far more like the real Raiders of old. A gunslinger QB, pound it out RB, a D-line that scares opponents, and a CB that hits like a dump truck. Go Vikings!
    So, when phantom man finally goes down the drain and the Raiders start building their team up to be the badasses that they like to think they are, will you jump back on the ship?
    Anyone that abandons their team should walk the plank in shark infested waters, never to return unless it's to haunt the team.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

CHAMPION316 is offline Waterboy

"Mike" wrote:

So because your team plays awful you decide to leave them? That is just bandwagon in my point of view. I'll never stop being a Raider fan.
    Raider fan at heart through the good or bad. But I'm loving the 09-10 Vikings especially because I want Brett Farve to get one more superbowl.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Mike" wrote:

So, when phantom man finally goes down the drain and the Raiders start building their team up to be the badasses that they like to think they are, will you jump back on the ship?
    Anyone that abandons their team should walk the plank in shark infested waters, never to return unless it's to haunt the team.
    I think you forget that we're talking about the Raiders, they aren't actually a football team anymore so it's not such a big deal.

"Prophet" wrote:
    When Al Davis stopped putting a competitive product on the field, he abandoned Raider Nation. Loyalty goes both ways. If Al sells the team to John Madden, I'll be more than happy to root for them again. But, they'd be my AFC team, and the Vikes are now the main love.

"CHAMPION316" wrote:
    So because your team plays awful you decide to leave them? That is just bandwagon in my point of view. I'll never stop being a Raider fan.
    It's no longer a team that plays awful in Oakland, it's a complete disregard for playing professional football. Why should anyone be forced to support that due to some misplaced loyalty for what once was? Al Davis was a genius, a man who is one of the architects for the modern game we all know and love. Unfortunately, these days he's more interested in imposing his own random, willful impulses on those around him than winning football games. If it was about football in Al's mind, it would translate to the field. Instead, you have the worst won-loss record in professional sports over the last 6 years and no end in sight. He's fired players, coaches, GMs, executives, and nothing has changed, simply because Davis is no longer the man he was and won't admit it and step aside. Blind loyalty to that is just plain crazy, if you ask me...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast