tehumper is offline Waterboy

Purple Power Years

I'm a new member but I've been a fan for several years. I have lived almost my whole life in Indiana and I became a fan long before the Colts moved to Indy. I watched the Vikes in their first super bowl and most of my friends would say I like lost causes because I also root for the Cubs and maybe that is what prepares me for each year with the Vikes. It's the maybe this is the year mentality. Anyway one of the main reasons I joined this site is because being so far away from Minnesota I don't have the ability to see the stuff that comes out and purchase fan items. So I recently heard about a video chronicling the roots of the Vikings called "The Purple Power Years" and I have had very little luck finding a way to get a copy of it. So I was hoping that someone on this site might know where they are still being sold or maybe somewhere online that I can download a copy to view. Also while I'm here I might as well leave one comment about the current team and see how everyone else feels. Is it just me or does it seem like this team doesn't have the right stuff to make it to the big dance. Not just a QB but the coach seems wrong also. To me it's almost the same feeling that I got when Green had 45 seconds left in the first half of the NFC Championship game and he told Cunningham to kneel on the ball. At that point I knew they were going to loose. Childress seems to do the same thing too many times. Is it just me or do others feel the same way ?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Purple Power Years

welcome to the site

SKOL!!

tehumper is offline Waterboy

Thanks.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Welcome man.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Welcome to the site

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"tehumper" wrote:
    I'm a new member but I've been a fan for several years. I have lived almost my whole life in Indiana and I became a fan long before the Colts moved to Indy. I watched the Vikes in their first super bowl and most of my friends would say I like lost causes because I also root for the Cubs and maybe that is what prepares me for each year with the Vikes. It's the maybe this is the year mentality. Anyway one of the main reasons I joined this site is because being so far away from Minnesota I don't have the ability to see the stuff that comes out and purchase fan items. So I recently heard about a video chronicling the roots of the Vikings called "The Purple Power Years" and I have had very little luck finding a way to get a copy of it. So I was hoping that someone on this site might know where they are still being sold or maybe somewhere online that I can download a copy to view. Also while I'm here I might as well leave one comment about the current team and see how everyone else feels. Is it just me or does it seem like this team doesn't have the right stuff to make it to the big dance. Not just a QB but the coach seems wrong also. To me it's almost the same feeling that I got when Green had 45 seconds left in the first half of the NFC Championship game and he told Cunningham to kneel on the ball. At that point I knew they were going to loose. Childress seems to do the same thing too many times. Is it just me or do others feel the same way ?
    Valkommen and SKOL!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

welcome to the site. don't e a stranger
    We're bringing purple back.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome, I think a QB is going to make a world of difference.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Wecome to the site.

Post well and often.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg