OldTrojan is offline Waterboy

PSL / Personal Seating License Cost?

Of particular concern in Minnesota is the Minnesota Vikings unwillingness to share any information on PSLs or Personal Seating Licenses with regards to the new stadium. I urge all season ticket holders to call the Vikings ticket office at 612.338.4537. I am willing to pay for a PSL without complaint but I am afraid I will be out-priced. During the legislative debate it was mentioned that $100,000,000.00 was the Vikings goal in PSL fundraising. How will that impact the current, loyal season ticket owners? The Vikings will not say! We helped get them the new stadium. The least that they can do is provide an indication of the potential costs for PSLs. I have heard, but not verified, that PSLs for good seats at the new Dallas Cowboy stadium are upwards of $150,00 PER SEAT! This is a real issue!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I'll show you quickly how to figure this out.

Step 1: Wait until the bill is legally signed
    Step 2: Wait until they actually have a plan for the stadium
    Step 3: Wait until they actually have a plan for seating/pricing/PSL (I doubt they have given PSL specifics much thought)
    Step 4: ....
    Step 5: Profit!

OldTrojan is offline Waterboy
    i_bleed_purple: Thanks for the comment but I do not believe that they have no idea on PSL costs at this point. I do believe that the Vikes have a pretty good idea of the stadium costs, etc. If they did not they would not have known how much cash they needed from other sources. My guess is that they do not want to release bad news because they want to fill the current Dome until the new stadium is built. Does it sound like I do not trust the Vikes on this one? Yes, I do not.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Of course there will be some sort of PSL's. I am sure there will be some sections that do not have them in the upper decks and end zones but I would venture to guess any lower level seat from goal line to goal line will have them in incremental cost as you get closer to the 50.

I hope there is no fan who is under the illusion that they could build a stadium that expensive, have the same number of seats, and not increase the cost of a ticket exponentially. Where else would all of this magical new revenue they have been pining for come from besides there, parking and concessions/merchandise? The additional luxury suites will add revenue but not near enough to offset the added debt and operating costs.