Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Pawn Stars

  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Pawn Stars

    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1099762
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1099279
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1099229
    Storage Wars is a fun show sometimes.
    Agreed - now that I've seen every episode of Pawn stars and American Pickers at least twice I've been watching Storage Wars and American Restoration.

    Basically all a spin off of Antiques Roadshow, a PBS classic.
    Nice! I love all those shows. Never miss them. I have seen every Pawn Stars and American Pickers as well. I have seen all the Storage Wars too. American Restoration is really good. Wish it was on more. Since we have similar interests, you need to check out.....Big Brian: The Fortune Seller, Hardcore Pawn, Operation Repo, All Worked Up, Oddities, Auction Hunters, Storage Hunters, Auction Kings, Pawn Queens, and Jail. I am addicted to all those. Probably what is keeping me away from PPO.
    LOL, love Oddities. Wildwoman won't watch it though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Pawn Stars

    Netflix instant streaming has recently beefed up their Pawn Stars collection. Over 80 episodes now.

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Pawn Stars

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1099865
    Netflix instant streaming has recently beefed up their Pawn Stars collection. Over 80 episodes now.
    Now I have a use for the Netflix capability my new phone (Trophy) has. :lol:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    61Vikefan is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15

    Re: Pawn Stars

    Quote Originally Posted by "VikesFan787" #1099028
    I have been kinda watching Pawn Stars out of the corner of my eye for the past few hours. What are these people's problems? A professional will come in and tell them their item is worth $1000. After about .2 seconds of thinking they will sell it to them for $600.

    And the lies that the owners tell them piss me off "I am going to have to get this fixed and redone so I might lose out of money." While they know damn well they are going to make a huge profit.

    Long story short.. the Pawn Stars employes are assholes.
    The BEST you can hope for from a pawn shop is to get half what they can sell an item for. They have a building to pay for and employees to pay along with everything else. Plus the item may sit on their shelf for a year before they sell it.
    None

  5. #25
    61Vikefan is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15

    Re: Pawn Stars

    They are actually pretty fair on Pawn Stars. I remember and episode where some guy walked in with an 1880's circa Winchester repeating rifle and told the camera crew outside the pawn shop he would be happy with $700 for it. Rick has an expert look at it and tell him it's worth 6 grand and he ends up getting 3 grand for it. All Rick had to do was give him 7 hundred bucks and he could have made a huge profit. They are pretty honest.
    None

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Pawn Stars

    Quote Originally Posted by "61Vikefan" #1107323
    They are actually pretty fair on Pawn Stars. I remember and episode where some guy walked in with an 1880's circa Winchester repeating rifle and told the camera crew outside the pawn shop he would be happy with $700 for it. Rick has an expert look at it and tell him it's worth 6 grand and he ends up getting 3 grand for it. All Rick had to do was give him 7 hundred bucks and he could have made a huge profit. They are pretty honest.
    Honest on that one with the cameras rolling & because the expert told him & the owner the worth, but still only gave him $3,000. They always cut what it's worth in half & try & get it for that.

    Personally, I'd have taken it and advertised it for $4,000 firm .The buyer still would have gotten it for $2,000 under value & the seller would have gotten $1,000 more.

    Had Rick already known it's worth & the cameras weren't rolling & the seller only wanted $700 for it, do you believe he would have offered the $3,000 & told him the actual worth?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    61Vikefan is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15

    Re: Pawn Stars

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107364
    Quote Originally Posted by "61Vikefan" #1107323
    They are actually pretty fair on Pawn Stars. I remember and episode where some guy walked in with an 1880's circa Winchester repeating rifle and told the camera crew outside the pawn shop he would be happy with $700 for it. Rick has an expert look at it and tell him it's worth 6 grand and he ends up getting 3 grand for it. All Rick had to do was give him 7 hundred bucks and he could have made a huge profit. They are pretty honest.
    Honest on that one with the cameras rolling & because the expert told him & the owner the worth, but still only gave him $3,000. They always cut what it's worth in half & try & get it for that.

    Personally, I'd have taken it and advertised it for $4,000 firm .The buyer still would have gotten it for $2,000 under value & the seller would have gotten $1,000 more.

    Had Rick already known it's worth & the cameras weren't rolling & the seller only wanted $700 for it, do you believe he would have offered the $3,000 & told him the actual worth?
    Probably not but all I can see is what they show on the program. I've never been in a pawn shop myself. I have to believe that the reason they have gotten as big as they are is because they treat their customers fairly and the word has gotten around. That's usually how it works.
    None

  8. #28
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Pawn Stars

    Quote Originally Posted by "61Vikefan" #1107383
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107364
    Quote Originally Posted by "61Vikefan" #1107323
    They are actually pretty fair on Pawn Stars. I remember and episode where some guy walked in with an 1880's circa Winchester repeating rifle and told the camera crew outside the pawn shop he would be happy with $700 for it. Rick has an expert look at it and tell him it's worth 6 grand and he ends up getting 3 grand for it. All Rick had to do was give him 7 hundred bucks and he could have made a huge profit. They are pretty honest.
    Honest on that one with the cameras rolling & because the expert told him & the owner the worth, but still only gave him $3,000. They always cut what it's worth in half & try & get it for that.

    Personally, I'd have taken it and advertised it for $4,000 firm .The buyer still would have gotten it for $2,000 under value & the seller would have gotten $1,000 more.

    Had Rick already known it's worth & the cameras weren't rolling & the seller only wanted $700 for it, do you believe he would have offered the $3,000 & told him the actual worth?
    Probably not but all I can see is what they show on the program. I've never been in a pawn shop myself. I have to believe that the reason they have gotten as big as they are is because they treat their customers fairly and the word has gotten around. That's usually how it works.
    I might be wrong, but I feel the reason they got so big is because they are a pawn shop in Vegas with Casinos close buy. Many people pawn/sell to go gambling.

    If the customer is getting what he wants, he's going to feel it's fair. As you said, that guy would have been happy with the $700 & would have thought he was treated fairly. He wouldn't know otherwise.

    However, televising the show does force them to be honest to a degree (we don't see every transaction there) and if it was costing them money by being honest, then they wouldn't do the show. I'm not sure how much they [Pawn Stars] get paid for doing it.

    Hardcore Pawn is also a large one in Detroit that happens to be close to a major casino as well.

    As much crime as there is in Detroit, I'd be worried as to how much of that merchandise might be stolen.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #29
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Pawn Stars

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107384
    Quote Originally Posted by "61Vikefan" #1107383
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107364
    Quote Originally Posted by "61Vikefan" #1107323
    They are actually pretty fair on Pawn Stars. I remember and episode where some guy walked in with an 1880's circa Winchester repeating rifle and told the camera crew outside the pawn shop he would be happy with $700 for it. Rick has an expert look at it and tell him it's worth 6 grand and he ends up getting 3 grand for it. All Rick had to do was give him 7 hundred bucks and he could have made a huge profit. They are pretty honest.
    Honest on that one with the cameras rolling & because the expert told him & the owner the worth, but still only gave him $3,000. They always cut what it's worth in half & try & get it for that.

    Personally, I'd have taken it and advertised it for $4,000 firm .The buyer still would have gotten it for $2,000 under value & the seller would have gotten $1,000 more.

    Had Rick already known it's worth & the cameras weren't rolling & the seller only wanted $700 for it, do you believe he would have offered the $3,000 & told him the actual worth?
    Probably not but all I can see is what they show on the program. I've never been in a pawn shop myself. I have to believe that the reason they have gotten as big as they are is because they treat their customers fairly and the word has gotten around. That's usually how it works.
    I might be wrong, but I feel the reason they got so big is because they are a pawn shop in Vegas with Casinos close buy. Many people pawn/sell to go gambling.

    If the customer is getting what he wants, he's going to feel it's fair. As you said, that guy would have been happy with the $700 & would have thought he was treated fairly. He wouldn't know otherwise.

    However, televising the show does force them to be honest to a degree (we don't see every transaction there) and if it was costing them money by being honest, then they wouldn't do the show. I'm not sure how much they [Pawn Stars] get paid for doing it.

    Hardcore Pawn is also a large one in Detroit that happens to be close to a major casino as well.

    As much crime as there is in Detroit, I'd be worried as to how much of that merchandise might be stolen.
    It is because of the TV show. They just had a bit on yahoo with Rick. He said all the rest of the pawn stores in Vegas are not doing so well.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/secrets-pawn-star-132957563.html

  10. #30
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,441

    Re: Pawn Stars

    I love Pawn Stars....I don't feel bad for the people selling stuff. If they wanna sell it for half of what it's worth get their money immediately, that's on them.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dancing with the Stars 2010 Lineup Amazing Stars F
    By Marrdro in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 10:26 PM
  2. Dancing with the Stars.......
    By Marrdro in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 07:21 PM
  3. The Cars of NFL Stars
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 12:07 PM
  4. Against the Vikings, stars come out
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 08:07 AM
  5. Vikings all stars?
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 03:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •