Thread: newbie intro

troel is offline Waterboy

newbie intro

Hey - vike freaks,

was 5 years old when the vikes lost to the Chiefs and ed podolac and the rest of those swines. cried all the way home from moose lake - back to my home in st. cloud - some of my early recollections. Eller was my favorite as a boy - and Gene Washington and Clinton Jones - remember those guys? I must be getting old, buy my purple passion has not waned through the years - unfortunately. I/we are the most disappointed sports fans in the history of sports - some teams are always just inept, but the vikings have teased us consistently over the years.

worst experience in my viking life: hail mary! second worst: 98 championship game as I was in attendance!

Best moment? heck - i don't think there has been one, as they've all - ALL - been followed up with bitter disappointment; and yet, I still return - always will. I now live in Oklahoma and have the Dish of course, so I rarely miss a game. Vikes are the only reason I have that dish.

looking forward to this year - though no more than any other year - love the moves on D - would like to get one of the top three that has been mentioned - edwards - dj - williams. though, i wouldn't mind getting a stud RB - if the other pieces of the puzzle are added. I want - smash-mouth Defense - and smash-mouth offense - and a vertical passing game.

rock on

troel
    arvid

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

newbie intro

Welcome to Purplepride! I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do!

This is for the heartaches:

waynesworld is offline Rookie

newbie intro

Welcome aboard troel!
    You hit the nail on the head with the 2 worst experiences as a Viking fan for me also ukeright: ukeright: I have also been a fan for 30+ years. I don't have the dish so me and another 20 or so fans go to a "viking" bar here in upstate NY. Glad to have another Viking fan with us! :thumbleft:
    [img:9191bfb1cf]http://xs21.xs.to/pics/05121/wanyesworld.gif[/img:9191bfb1cf]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

newbie intro

Welcome aboard!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!