Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cwschick23 is offline Waterboy

New to the site and the vikings

Hey everyone!! I am a Vikings virgin, I live in Oklahoma, but have decided to attend my first Minnesota Vikings game this season, I have bought tickets to the game on November 7th. This will be my first time visiting Minnesota and NFL game. What is there to do in Minnesota? And I would really like to get the whole experience of an NFL game, do you guys have tailgate parties? I have seen them on tv, they look fun! What time do people start showing up to the game? And is there a way to get autographs? I am new to this football thing, any tips would help!

Thank you!
    Amber
    None

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:New to the site and the vikings

cwschick23 wrote:
    Hey everyone!! I am a Vikings virgin, I live in Oklahoma, but have decided to attend my first Minnesota Vikings game this season, I have bought tickets to the game on November 7th. This will be my first time visiting Minnesota and NFL game. What is there to do in Minnesota? And I would really like to get the whole experience of an NFL game, do you guys have tailgate parties? I have seen them on tv, they look fun! What time do people start showing up to the game? And is there a way to get autographs? I am new to this football thing, any tips would help!

Thank you!
    Amber
    Valkommen and SKOL!

What is there to do in Minnesota? Well - that will probably depend on where you are going to stay. Minneapolis has a great downtown scene, if that's where you are staying. Plenty of bars, clubs, etc. Lots of museums around the metro, parks, etc. You'll have a great time - just do some research on the web.

Do you guys have tailgate parties? Yes, this website sponsors a tailgate party prior to every game, literally across the street from the Metrodome. You are, of course, welcome to join us! Our tents are usually setup sometime around 6am, but most people start to show up around 9am. Watch PPO in the week prior to the game for all of the pertinent details.

One thing about Minnesota to remember is that alcohol is not sold on Sundays. I mean, you can get a beer at the game on Sunday, for sure, but liquor stores are not open on Sundays. So, if you want to bring something to the tailgate party, then you'll need to buy it on Saturday. I always bring a case of a local favorite (Grain Belt Premium) to share at the tailgate, as do others. There will also be food on the grill and all that.

As to autographs, I don't know if that's likely. Sometimes, there are events around the cities in the days prior to games, but I don't know if people hang around the players' parking lot after the game trying to get them to sign stuff.

Hope to see you on November 7th!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the site.

I would advise taking the metro everywhere you need to go. Cab fair is way more expensive and it takes longer from the airport. I assume you will want to check out the Mall of America as well. Downtown is a great place for almost anything related to food and drinks. So many options.

You will have a great time at tailgating. Be sure to get active on the site before then so we know who you are!
    We're bringing purple back.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the site

Keep track on here as there is usually a thread prior to each game giving details of the pre-game tailgate and who's going to be there. Drop by and you'll be made to feel welcome.
    Outside the Dome is the Plaza where there is food, merchandise etc and you'll find an autograph place as well - never know who might be there so always worth checking out.

If you go to the MOA then you'll plenty of Vikes stuff available there including the Vikings Locker Room. If you're staying downtown then use the transit railway to go to the Mall or the Airport - think its about $1.50, whereas a cab is between $25-$30.

Plenty of accomodation options and food/drink downtown so you'll be spoilt for choice.
    Hope you have a good visit !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Hello and welcome aboard!

I'm a relative newcomer here myself, just a few months, but it really has become a second home. The folks who post here regularly are a spirited bunch, but despite the arguments and name-calling, there is an obvious feel of camaraderie that I've rarely seen elsewhere. I hope we'll be seeing a lot of you in the days to come.

As for attending the game, you have me feeling very envious. I've never managed to make it there yet. From the reports I have read here, though, the PP.O tailgate parties are awesome. I'm really looking forward to the first chance I get to actually make it to one.

Anyway, again, welcome, and enjoy your stay with us! SKOL!

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the site and the Vikings. I live in Florida and made my first trip to a Vikings game last year to watch them beat up onthe Cowgirls.

Being an outsider I can truly say I loved the state and the people. Especially the great PPOers that I met at the tailgate. A great group of people.

I am going to try and make another home game this year. Not sure which one.

Welcome again and have a great time in MN.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

welcome to the site

SKOL!!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Welcome to the site.

As others have mentioned here, PPO does throw a great tailgate party, and right next to the dome.

Everyone is made to feel welcome. We made our first one last year, and it was cool to meet all the people I had met online here.

Keep an eye on the site the week before games, and you will get a chance to see how the tailgate threads work, plus it will give you a list of people you can expect to see.

Welcome, and post often.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Welcome to the site!

Skol B)

cwschick23 is offline Waterboy

Thank you all so much for making me feel welcome and all the advice! I am so excited!! I will definately be more active on this site, Its always nice to meet new people!
    None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast