Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: new member, just learning

"Thordis" wrote:
    Thank you all for the warm welcome!

cogitans: yes, it did take my a while to post, I'm glad I finally did.

Marrdro: Thank you for the encouragement.

Also, from your post:
    "There are many (excluding me of course) who think they know everything and will be happy to try to convince you they do."

Hmmm....I'll keep that in mind.

ElVikingo: Good first lesson! (I was drinking a Coke when I saw it...I had to clean off the screen when I was done laughing.) I showed it to my 7-year-old son and his comment was, "Little Packers helmets for tiny Packers' brains!"

Um...could someone tell me how to use the quote function? I tried, but I must have done it wrong. Thanks!
    Glad to read your response. I'm serious about asking questions, ask away all you want.

To quote: In the right upper corner of the post you want to quote, there is a button to push. Other than that there is a button to put quotes in as you post:

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Thordis is offline Waterboy

"pack93z" wrote:
    It is not too late to embrace the power of Cheese... Save yourself and join the Packer fan club.
    ;D

J/K..
    Hmm, trade a purple helm with horns for a big yellow lump that is soft and full of holes? Sorry, the only thing that will be soft and full of holes in this house are my future football arguments -- if I'm dumb enough to get in any. But we can still be friends!

It's funny how many of us gal fans have learned from our fathers to be Viking fans.
    Men out there, take notice and teach your daughters right!
    VikingMD, I wholeheartedly agree with you there!

Seems like I'm getting along with the quote thingy now, assuming it shows up right when I post this.

I'm not sure where to post my simplest questions; I don't want to bog down other discussions, and it's not really threadworthy just to ask for a definition, or an explanation of a play. I use Google alot, but it doesn't always help. So if I want to find out, for instance, how a screen pass works, where would I post that?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Thordis" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    It is not too late to embrace the power of Cheese... Save yourself and join the Packer fan club.
    ;D

J/K..
    Hmm, trade a purple helm with horns for a big yellow lump that is soft and full of holes? Sorry, the only thing that will be soft and full of holes in this house are my future football arguments -- if I'm dumb enough to get in any. But we can still be friends!

It's funny how many of us gal fans have learned from our fathers to be Viking fans.

Seems like I'm getting along with the quote thingy now, assuming it shows up right when I post this.

I'm not sure where to post my simplest questions; I don't want to bog down other discussions, and it's not really threadworthy just to ask for a definition, or an explanation of a play. I use Google alot, but it doesn't always help. So if I want to find out, for instance, how a screen pass works, where would I post that?
    Start your own thread Titled Football questions that I need answered.
    I bet people reply to your questions and others might ask questions as well.

Might be a good thread.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Thordis" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    ;D

J/K..

Might be a good thread.
    ;D
    This is a good idea. A general thread might work for many that want to ask simple questions. And as Marr has said there are many that would be more than happy to answer.

If you have anything you can also always send med a PM (Personal Message).

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Thordis" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    ;D

J/K..

Might be a good thread.

;D
    This is a good idea. A general thread might work for many that want to ask simple questions. And as Marr has said there are many that would be more than happy to answer.

If you have anything you can also always send med a PM (Personal Message).
    See, you already have two that would read/comment in that thread.
    Again, I think it would be a good thread.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "Thordis" wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I don't know as much about football as probably everyone else here, but I do love the Vikings....
    Well outside obeying the rules, that is the only requirement for a Vikings fan to join.

Welcome to the site, Thordis!
    What?!? .... what memo was that on?
    ;D

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Thordis" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    ;D

J/K..
    Absolutely, pleasure at that. The folks here are some of the nicest around, you will enjoy your time here.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Thordis" wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I don't know as much about football as probably everyone else here, but I do love the Vikings. My dad was a Vikings fan, so I grew up with the games running in the background of my life. Then when I met my husband, he pulled me into fandom. (Given how little I know about the game, I'm a little embarrassed to say how long ago that was.)
    Now I can't get enough!
    Weeks between games can drag like years, and offseasons have become eternities for me. I don't know if he's exhausted by, or amused by the little purple monster he's created.

So when I decided I wanted to understand more of what I was seeing, beyond "ooh, pretty throw -- yay, he caught it -- wow, look at him run, honey-did-he-get-the-touchdown?", I found this awesome site. I'm learning from reading some of the discussions (the parts that don't go over my head),
    but I do have some very basic questions and I'm hoping you'll indulge me with answers from time to time.

Skol Vikings!

Let's put another notch on our horns with a win over the Redskins!
    Valkommen and SKOL!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMD" wrote:
    Welcome!
    My 4-year-old daughter can sing all the words to "SKOL Vikings"!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"Thordis" wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I don't know as much about football as probably everyone else here, but I do love the Vikings. My dad was a Vikings fan, so I grew up with the games running in the background of my life. Then when I met my husband, he pulled me into fandom. (Given how little I know about the game, I'm a little embarrassed to say how long ago that was.)
    Now I can't get enough!
    Weeks between games can drag like years, and offseasons have become eternities for me. I don't know if he's exhausted by, or amused by the little purple monster he's created.

So when I decided I wanted to understand more of what I was seeing, beyond "ooh, pretty throw -- yay, he caught it -- wow, look at him run, honey-did-he-get-the-touchdown?", I found this awesome site. I'm learning from reading some of the discussions (the parts that don't go over my head),
    but I do have some very basic questions and I'm hoping you'll indulge me with answers from time to time.

Skol Vikings!

Let's put another notch on our horns with a win over the Redskins!

I just took my wife of 18 years to her first Live Vikes game, hoping to get her into the game so relax we are good people most of the time. Welcome to the site. We are just fans of the game and fans of the Ragin Vikings. Skol. Take Down The !0 year out of league Collins!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast