Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    nibelungen is offline Training Camp

Re: New member from Canada

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome, my viking friends. A quick question: do we have the option to reply to a specific poster (i.e. quoting their post) or general replies only?

thanks
    nibe
    Like I just did, you can hit the quote button in the upper right hand corner of every post.
    This guy here
    Thanks Ultra. Goes to show you, my wife's right after all. She keeps telling me that I'm not half as smart as I think I am.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    By the way, are you a Wagner fan?
    Oh yeah, big time. My dream is to one day visit Bayreuth, Germany and take in the Ring Cycle at Wagner's theatre.
    It all started with a university course on Wagner...fascinating man. Kind of funny since I'm Jewish (although not religious in the institutional sense) -- hope I didn't offend anyone. Are you a fan? Not many people pick up on the nibelungen...

nibe
    Interesting. I don't know opera as well as I should, but I know that Niebelungens Ring is one of the Wagner operas in the series. It's really long, I heard that Valkyrien is more accessible.

Actually I think that you should write nibel, instead of nibe, though I'm not sure. I'd break it up nibel-ungerne, i.e nibel-youngsters(or kids)
    Quite right, cogitans. Nibel would be better. They started calling me nibe on another board so I guess I just fell into it. And yes, Valkyrien would be more accessible IMO. dum, da da dum, da da DUM, da da da...

nibel

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Welcome to the best Vikings fan site on the web, nibe!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"nibelungen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Oh yeah, big time. My dream is to one day visit Bayreuth, Germany and take in the Ring Cycle at Wagner's theatre.
    It all started with a university course on Wagner...fascinating man. Kind of funny since I'm Jewish (although not religious in the institutional sense) -- hope I didn't offend anyone. Are you a fan? Not many people pick up on the nibelungen...

nibe
    Interesting. I don't know opera as well as I should, but I know that Niebelungens Ring is one of the Wagner operas in the series. It's really long, I heard that Valkyrien is more accessible.

Actually I think that you should write nibel, instead of nibe, though I'm not sure. I'd break it up nibel-ungerne, i.e nibel-youngsters(or kids)
    Quite right, cogitans. Nibel would be better. They started calling me nibe on another board so I guess I just fell into it. And yes, Valkyrien would be more accessible IMO. dum, da da dum, da da DUM, da da da...

nibel
    Maybe I should try some Wagner. To tell you the truth, I have only ever been to two opera performances. Both Puccini, Tosca and Mdm. Butterfly.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

nibe

Yes, I believe Valkyrien is more accessible, (dum da da dum da da DUM da da dum) although the Ring sets up the storyline of course. And yes, nibel would be correct -- they started calling me nibe on another board so I kind of fell into it...

hope this doesn't get posted twice -- had problems on the first post
    nibel

"cogitans" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

nibe

nibel
    Maybe I should try some Wagner. To tell you the truth, I have only ever been to two opera performances. Both Puccini, Tosca and Mdm. Butterfly.
    To be perfectly honest, I'm not a huge fan of opera -- at least not like I am of the Vikes. But the Ring Cycle fascinates me in terms of the story and some of the music. The problem is that it is extremely expensive to stage and thus not performed very often. My understanding is that the last The Met version in NY cost millions to put on.

nibel

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"nibelungen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    [quote author=cogitans link=topic=42023.msg717015#msg717015 date=1202059753]

nibe

nibel
    To be perfectly honest, I'm not a huge fan of opera -- at least not like I am of the Vikes. But the Ring Cycle fascinates me in terms of the story and some of the music. The problem is that it is extremely expensive to stage and thus not performed very often. My understanding is that the last The Met version in NY cost millions to put on.

nibel
    [/quote]Wow, I did't know that

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [quote author=nibelungen link=topic=42023.msg717017#msg717017 date=1202060069]
    [quote author=cogitans link=topic=42023.msg717015#msg717015 date=1202059753]

nibe

nibel

nibel
    [/quote]Wow, I did't know that
    [/quote]
    Yup.
    One of my regrets is that I visited Germany (Frankfurt, Stuttgart) years ago, and didn't plan the trip around Bayreuth. However, my understanding is that there is a 7 year waiting list for The Ring.
    Anyway, I'm off to a SB party in a few minutes. Good getting to know you, Cogitans. I look forward to more discussions with yourself and other members of this board. PP.O really does seem like a very cool place to be. BTW I can't wait to exchange views on music and other topics especially the Vikes in the future...ok, I'll give you a hint -- my favorite tune is not by Dylan or Wagner. It's Touch of Grey by Cherries Garcia.

nibel

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Welcome from a fan from Saskatchewan.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Welcome nibelungen! have fun, awesome site, cya round!
    ;D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast