Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    GimmebackmyRice is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11

    New, and a little concerned

    After hearing the news about Favre, I started looking around the site and decided to join. I'm a big Gamecock fan so I'm obviously a huge Sidney Rice fan. I'm concerned about him this year because I wanted Favre back. They were just starting to click. I pulled for the Vikings the last couple of years, probably more so than the Panthers. Though now the panthers have a bunch of Gamecocks on their team as well. Anyway, I'll probably stick around during the season because I enjoy watching AP, Sidney, Jasper Brinkley, Percy Harvin, etc. (damn, to think the two best Wr's of their time in the SEC are on the same NFL team, that's pretty sweet.) See ya around..
    None

  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re:New, and a little concerned

    GimmebackmyRice wrote:
    After hearing the news about Favre, I started looking around the site and decided to join. I'm a big Gamecock fan so I'm obviously a huge Sidney Rice fan. I'm concerned about him this year because I wanted Favre back. They were just starting to click. I pulled for the Vikings the last couple of years, probably more so than the Panthers. Though now the panthers have a bunch of Gamecocks on their team as well. Anyway, I'll probably stick around during the season because I enjoy watching AP, Sidney, Jasper Brinkley, Percy Harvin, etc. (damn, to think the two best Wr's of their time in the SEC are on the same NFL team, that's pretty sweet.) See ya around..
    Valkommen and SKOL!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: New, and a little concerned

    I think Favre was just willing to take chances with Rice.

    Throw it his way and chances are he'll come down with it. So long as we have a QB willing to pull the trigger, I think Rice has a successful season once he's recovered from his hip injury.

  4. #4
    GimmebackmyRice is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11

    Re: New, and a little concerned

    that's another thing...is he gonna have to go under the knife?
    None

  5. #5
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: New, and a little concerned

    GimmebackmyRice wrote:
    that's another thing...is he gonna have to go under the knife?
    Apparently he opted against surgery. He got multiple opinions on it, some doctors said he should have surgery, other said it wasn't necessary.

    I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

  6. #6
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: New, and a little concerned

    GimmebackmyRice wrote:
    that's another thing...is he gonna have to go under the knife?
    Apparently he opted against surgery. He got multiple opinions on it, some doctors said he should have surgery, other said it wasn't necessary.

    I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

  7. #7
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,576

    Re: New, and a little concerned

    Welcome to the site. Get posting!
    We're bringing purple back.

  8. #8
    Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    880

    Re:New, and a little concerned

    Welcome!

    I'm quite happy with our receiving corps this year. With a bit of luck, Sid will be fine and can get the surgery next off-season if still needed. After, of course, he recovers from all of the Super Bowl victory parties.

    My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

  9. #9
    GimmebackmyRice is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11

    Re:New, and a little concerned

    I'm just glad he was able to finally shine. I literally witnessed him drop maybe 2 passes his entire career at Carolina, and it was because of a bad throw or an awkward position. These are my two favorite catches ever ;



    This next one you have to go to the 1:12 mark. The video clip doesnt do it justice, cause off camera you can't see it but he is battling the DB down the sideline, has no idea where the ball is, turns at the last second and makes the catch.

    None

  10. #10
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:New, and a little concerned

    GimmebackmyRice wrote:
    I'm just glad he was able to finally shine. I literally witnessed him drop maybe 2 passes his entire career at Carolina, and it was because of a bad throw or an awkward position. These are my two favorite catches ever ;

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4mPW9pgR_s

    This next one you have to go to the 1:12 mark. The video clip doesnt do it justice, cause off camera you can't see it but he is battling the DB down the sideline, has no idea where the ball is, turns at the last second and makes the catch.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyTyCnw7AH8
    fixed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Loss of Lloyd has Carolina concerned
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 01:16 PM
  2. NFL concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in draft
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
  3. I'm a bit concerned.
    By triedandtruevikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 04:08 AM
  4. Heat wave has all NFL teams concerned
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 04:00 AM
  5. Is anyone else concerned with the offensive line?
    By vegasvikingguy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 11:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •