Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: New here...

  1. #1
    Vikesfan83's Avatar
    Vikesfan83 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    11

    New here...

    but not to Vikings fandom.

    I've been a fan since I was nine years old, seventeen years now.
    I've seen QB's come and go, (Rich Gannon was the starter when I first became a fan) the incredible 15-1 '98 season that ended in heartbreak, the 2000 season that ended at the hands of the Giants 41-0, the "Love Boat" scandal etc but have remained exceedingly loyal throughout.

    I know there will be many fans joining this website and jumping aboard the ship because of #4.
    I saw it with Culpepper, especially down here in Florida, and with Peterson.
    It's just one of those things.
    As long as this gamble pays off, I don't care how many band wagon jumpers I have to deal with.

    Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say how excited I am for the upcoming season.
    This could be it fellas!

  2. #2
    Articnv's Avatar
    Articnv is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: New here...

    welcome

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: New here...

    "Vikesfan83" wrote:
    but not to Vikings fandom.

    I've been a fan since I was nine years old, seventeen years now.
    I've seen QB's come and go, (Rich Gannon was the starter when I first became a fan) the incredible 15-1 '98 season that ended in heartbreak, the 2000 season that ended at the hands of the Giants 41-0, the "Love Boat" scandal etc but have remained exceedingly loyal throughout.

    I know there will be many fans joining this website and jumping aboard the ship because of #4.
    I saw it with Culpepper, especially down here in Florida, and with Peterson.
    It's just one of those things.
    As long as this gamble pays off, I don't care how many band wagon jumpers I have to deal with.

    Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say how excited I am for the upcoming season.
    This could be it fellas!
    Valkommen and SKOL!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    TrojanVike28 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    196

    Re: New here...

    Welcome to the site. But kind of fishy right after Favre signed... It's okay, you proved your point. I believe you.

  5. #5
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New here...

    "Vikesfan83" wrote:
    but not to Vikings fandom.

    I've been a fan since I was nine years old, seventeen years now.
    I've seen QB's come and go, (Rich Gannon was the starter when I first became a fan) the incredible 15-1 '98 season that ended in heartbreak, the 2000 season that ended at the hands of the Giants 41-0, the "Love Boat" scandal etc but have remained exceedingly loyal throughout.

    I know there will be many fans joining this website and jumping aboard the ship because of #4.
    I saw it with Culpepper, especially down here in Florida, and with Peterson.
    It's just one of those things.
    As long as this gamble pays off, I don't care how many band wagon jumpers I have to deal with.

    Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say how excited I am for the upcoming season.
    This could be it fellas!
    your math just doesn't add up.

    If you were 9 when you started, and 17 now, that would have been 8 years ago, or 2001 at the earliest, when Culpepper was QB, you would not have even been alive when Rich Gannon was QB.


    But welcome anyway, I dont care how old you are, or how long you've been a fan.
    Even if your a new fan, as long as you stick with the team regardless of who the players are, thats a true fan in my books.
    A converted purple fan is the same as a lifetime purple fan. (granted of course they don't jump off the wagon in 3 years)

  6. #6
    TrojanVike28 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    196

    Re: New here...

    IBP, if you look at his age on his profile, you will see his age is 26. So, I think you misread his message. I would think you owe someone an apology.

  7. #7
    TrojanVike28 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    196

    Re: New here...

    Plus the 83 on his screen name is a dead giveaway that he is 26...

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New here...

    "TrojanVike28" wrote:
    IBP, if you look at his age on his profile, you will see his age is 26. So, I think you misread his message. I would think you owe someone an apology.
    I thought that it was a typo, instead of 27 he put 17 instead, but I looked back and he spelt the word seventeen, hard to mix that up.

    however, it is possible that I misread it, and rather than being seventeen years old you've in fact been a fan for seventeen years, in which case I apologize.
    We can still be fake-friends.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    135

    Re: New here...

    Hola!

    So, in seventeen years, who's been your favorite player & why?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: New here...

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "TrojanVike28" wrote:
    IBP, if you look at his age on his profile, you will see his age is 26. So, I think you misread his message. I would think you owe someone an apology.
    I thought that it was a typo, instead of 27 he put 17 instead, but I looked back and he spelt the word seventeen, hard to mix that up.

    however, it is possible that I misread it, and rather than being seventeen years old you've in fact been a fan for seventeen years, in which case I apologize.
    We can still be fake-friends.
    O'kay, you are 17? And you like the 'Vikes? Cool! I'm 36, and I love the Vikings. Wait a minute, he is 26. My bad. Been drinking
    Tuco the world.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •