Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: name's ben.

benjamite is offline Training Camp

name's ben.

I'm a high school senior from VA. I was raised on the purple and gold since I was born. My dad grew up in Minnetonka, and my mom in Hoople North Dakota. I have a very strong love/hate relationship with the Vikings, as I'm assuming most of you do. I was seven in '98, and I vividly remember crying after the falcons kicked that god-forsaken field goal. 2 years later in 2000, we were killed by the Giants 41-0. I literally couldn't watch. I left after the end of the third quarter to go catch salamanders in the creek, it didn't help. I cried, yet again. 3 years later, I remember eating dinner and watching ESPN news to see the updates of the Vikings-Cardinals game (we don't broadcast Vikings games in VA, :[ ). I almost threw up as our 6-0 start went to waste and we missed the playoffs, due to a hail mary pass from the ARIZONA CARDINALS.
    5 years later and with nothing significant to brag about (except for AP!), I long for the days where the Vikings were a relevant playoff caliber team, and I feel those days are coming back. It's an exciting time to be a Vikings fan, with all the ups (AP!, our rush defense) and downs (0-5 against the Packers, T-Jack). 2008 should be a good year.
    wamp wamp.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

Re: name's ben.

u brought up too many memories there buddies, alot of people here dont like to talk about those days.

anyways welcome to the forum, nice to have another higher school senior here. DMV baby! i live in maryland so we aint far apart. post well and often ben

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Hi ben. welcome.
    We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"benjamite" wrote:
    I'm a high school senior from VA. I was raised on the purple and gold since I was born. My dad grew up in Minnetonka, and my mom in Hoople North Dakota. I have a very strong love/hate relationship with the Vikings, as I'm assuming most of you do. I was seven in '98, and I vividly remember crying after the falcons kicked that god-forsaken field goal. 2 years later in 2000, we were killed by the Giants 41-0. I literally couldn't watch. I left after the end of the third quarter to go catch salamanders in the creek, it didn't help. I cried, yet again. 3 years later, I remember eating dinner and watching ESPN news to see the updates of the Vikings-Cardinals game (we don't broadcast Vikings games in VA, :[ ). I almost threw up as our 6-0 start went to waste and we missed the playoffs, due to a hail mary pass from the ARIZONA CARDINALS.
    5 years later and with nothing significant to brag about (except for AP!), I long for the days where the Vikings were a relevant playoff caliber team, and I feel those days are coming back. It's an exciting time to be a Vikings fan, with all the ups (AP!, our rush defense) and downs (0-5 against the Packers, T-Jack). 2008 should be a good year.
    Valkommen and SKOL!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Welcome Ben

CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Welcome

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hey Ben, welcome to PPO. Lets watch some of those negatives grow into positives this year.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

HOOPLE!

I love the names of some of North Dakota's small towns. My dad lives in Park River, not far from Hoople.

Anyhoo, welcome to the boards, Ben.

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler

Welcome aboard, Ben.
    Keep the faith!
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast