Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Jilly is offline Coach

Minneapolis here we come!

Hi everyone,

What a game yesterday! I loved every minute of it, especially since all the pre game shows didn’t give us an ounce of a chance.
    I remember the playoff game years ago when the Giants really laid it on us, so it’s a nice day whenever we can pay them back even if it’s not in a comparable scenario.

My name is Jill and I’m new to PurplePride.org which is a great website by the way.
    Most of my family is from Minnesota but had made the move to Iowa by the time I was born. My Dad is a die hard Viking fan (still is) and it’s a trait that most of us kids inherited from him.
    As you all know, its tough being a Viking fan but what can you do, they are like family and you just can’t give up on them. Hopefully someday soon, we’ll be rewarded for our loyalty.

My husband and I now live in Maryland.
    DC is twenty miles to the south and Baltimore is twenty to the north. Thank God for the NFL package because we couldn’t stomach seeing another Redskin/Raven game.
    We did make it to see the Vikes when the played the Ravens Christmas day in 2005.
    We had front row seats behind the Viking bench and thanks to these goofy purple hats we bought off EBay from reddogstar (anyone know him) we made it on TV four different times.
    When we got home later that night, there were a dozen phone messages from family and friends who saw us on TV.

So my husband Andy and I have decided to treat ourselves to an early Christmas present this year by getting tickets to this weekend’s game against Detroit.
    It’ll be our first Viking game in the Metrodome; we’ve seen the Twins play.
    We are flying in Friday and leaving on Monday.
    The whole point of this post is that we are going to be there by ourselves and we are hoping to be accepted into the Purple Pride family so we’ll have someone to toss back a few beers with prior to the game.
    So what do you guys say, wanna show us some love...Viking love that is, don’t get the wrong idea
    Anyone going to the game?
    Hope to see you there!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Minneapolis here we come!

Welcome to the site and what a great intro...

Boy oh Boy are you in for a suprise..... ;D

You have to look thru the forums and look for the Vikings VS Detroit Tailgate thread....You and your husband can and will meet a great number of fellow male and female PPO members and have a great kick off to the game......

Someone here will give you a link I'm sure...

But be active in the next few days here, and I'm sure you will both be rewarded for it...

I should knowk, I'm from CT., and my first time out to MN and a Vikings game was nothing but a huge success and most of it was from memebers who live in or near MN and they opened their arms to me and showed me one hell of a time..

I hope you enjoy your visit, the game, and go home with a big Vikings Win in your memories....

NordicNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

welcome to the site

SKOL!!!

Add your name to the tailgate list, they don't bite, just don't stand to cloes to Zeus

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40005.0

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Meet up with the PP.O tailgaters, sign up here:

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40005.0

There are 5 spots paid for in advance ($35 each)... so park in a cheaper ramp a block or two away and walk to lot #1, the tailgating lot closest to the dome.
    Donations are accepted for the investment in the parking spots.
    Look for a banner purplepride.org.
    It's a friendly bunch of people and you'll have a great time.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

VikingMD,

You don't happen to know a short bald headed guy, who likes to make Gumbo, and go by the name Cajun, in your area.
    Do you?

If so, I feel sorry for you two.....LOL ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Skol and Welcome!
    You have got to stop by and tailgate with us.
    Beer and Jello shots abound.
    Depending where your hotel is, it is pretty easy to take the light rail into the city as well, so you don't have to fight parking.

The PP.O group tailgates in Purple Lot 1, right across from the metrodome.
    We have a banner, so we are easy to find.

PM me if you need more specific directions to where we will be.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Welcome to the site Jill.
    You and your husband Andy will have a great time tailgating.
    Webby, Zeus, Sno, and whomever else is tailgating Sunday are great fans and great people.
    Look them up.
    Have a great time.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome and I look forward to meeting you on sunday.

Jilly is offline Coach

Sweet!
    I just posted my intro over an hour ago and I'm already feeling the love.
    This is exactly why we are heading north to watch the game.
    Some of you might not realize how nice you have it...it can be lonely being part of a rare Viking breed outside of Minnesota.

I'm green (not Packer green) at this forum thing so hopefully I'll figure this out. Not sure why it says waterboy under my name. I feel like the jokes on me but I'm sure I inadvertingly did something.
    Thanks for all the advice on signing up on the tailgate list, I'll make sure I do that.
    Also thanks for the map, we'll need it.
    We are staying at the Holiday Inn Metrodome so it should be just a quick walk over...no worries about drinking and driving
    What time do you all start to arrive?
    Also, this may sound stupid but I'm worried about the weather.
    Seeing that it will be almost 30 degrees cooler than here, I'm afraid of over/under dressing.
    I don't want to freeze my hiney off during the tailgate but I don't want to be stuck wearing layers on inside the dome.
    Any ideas?
    Maybe I should be posting these questions to those on the tailgate list? Thanks for all your advice.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMD" wrote:
    Hi everyone,

What a game yesterday! I loved every minute of it, especially since all the pre game shows didn’t give us an ounce of a chance.
    I remember the playoff game years ago when the Giants really laid it on us, so it’s a nice day whenever we can pay them back even if it’s not in a comparable scenario.

My name is Jill and I’m new to PurplePride.org which is a great website by the way.
    Most of my family is from Minnesota but had made the move to Iowa by the time I was born. My Dad is a die hard Viking fan (still is) and it’s a trait that most of us kids inherited from him.
    As you all know, its tough being a Viking fan but what can you do, they are like family and you just can’t give up on them. Hopefully someday soon, we’ll be rewarded for our loyalty.

My husband and I now live in Maryland.
    DC is twenty miles to the south and Baltimore is twenty to the north. Thank God for the NFL package because we couldn’t stomach seeing another Redskin/Raven game.
    We did make it to see the Vikes when the played the Ravens Christmas day in 2005.
    We had front row seats behind the Viking bench and thanks to these goofy purple hats we bought off EBay from reddogstar (anyone know him) we made it on TV four different times.
    When we got home later that night, there were a dozen phone messages from family and friends who saw us on TV.

So my husband Andy and I have decided to treat ourselves to an early Christmas present this year by getting tickets to this weekend’s game against Detroit.
    It’ll be our first Viking game in the Metrodome; we’ve seen the Twins play.
    We are flying in Friday and leaving on Monday.
    The whole point of this post is that we are going to be there by ourselves and we are hoping to be accepted into the Purple Pride family so we’ll have someone to toss back a few beers with prior to the game.
    So what do you guys say, wanna show us some love...Viking love that is, don’t get the wrong idea
    Anyone going to the game?
    Hope to see you there!
    Welcome to the site, Jill....I'm also out-of-state...in northern Virginia, to be exact...which makes us practically neighbors.
    Where exactly are you in the Washington 'burbs?

Rest assured...the PP.O faithful will take good care of both you and your hubby once you make it to the tailgate, so get ready to enjoy the full-on gameday experience!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast