Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Local Noob

Timaaae! is offline Training Camp

Local Noob

Greeetings fellow Purple Freaks!
    I'm a native of Apple Valley that has made the big move north to Eagan later in life (yup... a whole ten minutes north.
    ;D).
    I'm "one of those" guys... my parents had season tix to the Vikes growing up back at the Old Met Stadium (I think they had them for 17 years?). So I was pretty much born and raised screaming at the Vikes in my snowmobile suit out in the cold (which may help to explain a few things about me now).

Remeber the guy who threw the whiskey bottle at the ref back in the 70's and beaned him on the head? That guy was about 6 rows on front on my dad. As he reports it, that guy had been pounding them the whole game. When he went to stand up (to throw the bottle), he could barely stand up he was so drunk. Yet, in response to the ref's call, he launched his bottle and pulled off a one-in-a-million shot. He clears 10 rows of fans, 20-30 yeards of open space, another 15 yards over the heads of the players, etc. to get it to the field, and another 15-20 yards to the spot where the ref ws standing. And POP!... right off the top of his head.
    (and yes... that was back in the tailgating days. You needed antifreeze in your blood to make it through the whole game when in was Dec. or Jan. Of course that was Back when we had real winters.
    )

In the Old Days... I distinctly remember crossing the MnRiver on game day across the old Cedar Ave. Bridge. For those who have no clue what I'm talking about... when you drive south over the MnRiver (on the "new" Cedar Ave. bridge... opened in '82), if you look to you right you'll see a walking bridge that spans the backwaters there. It is that bridge that I was convinced was going to be the death of me each and every time I had to cross it to cheer on my favorite Purple Team. I was convinced the vehicle we were in was going to go in the drink.... every single time we crossed over that flippin bridge. It used to creak... and rock a little from side to side (it was probably just the camper swaying as it went over the wood decking, but as a kid I was convinced it was the whole bridge). So when we were going over it in our camper (to go tailgate with the gang) I was convinced there was going to be an obituary on me in the papers the next day.

Ah!...the good old days.

As a side note, I have a (slightly) distant football connection. My first cousin works in the Front Office of the Bucs (Mark Dominik). He
    was there when they won the SB in '02.
    From what I hear it's a nice ring!! I have not seen it personally... but my dad got to fondle it. Says it's about the size of his watchface. Very sparkly too.

I hate cousin Mark.
    ....only b/c I am old enough to remember some of the Vikes SB loses. And to a kid that bleeds Purple.... even at the ripe age of 6... those memories can only be erased with a victory in the Big Game. Which (as we all know) we have yet to see.

But I know it will happen!!! ...just gotta put a few more voodoo pins in my Urlacher doll. I have removed the noose from the Favre doll.... he's no longer a factor.

Skol! to all for the site too. Been reading it for years, and finally just had to get inovolved and speak up.
    I'm a fantasy Football nut and have to briefly brag about something that I'm sure will never happen again. I'm in three leagues, and pulled off the Trifecta last year. Won all three! Of course 90% of it was total dumb luck. But given I have been playing for about 15 years and only had one or two championships that whole time... I was stunned. So just had to toot my own horn b/c I'm positive that will never happen again.

Tim

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Local Noob

welcome to the site

SKOL!!

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

its like a 20 question info thread about a newb, i already know the guy lol

welcome

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    its like a 20 question info thread about a newb, i already know the guy lol

welcome
    haha thats so true..

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

welcome to the site sir that was definitely one of the longest introductions i've read, but it was a damn good one
    Glad you finally decided to sign up, hope you post plenty!!

Btw, I hate Cousin Mark too

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

the noose should never be removed from a favre doll.. oh and welcome

Thanks josdin00

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Great Intro & Welcome Timae! Glad you signed up
    ;D

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Great to have you aboard!
    Enjoyed your intro....the drunken bottle toss...funny stuff.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Welcome to the best Vikings fan site on the net, Timaaae!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Timaaae!" wrote:
    Greeetings fellow Purple Freaks!
    I'm a native of Apple Valley that has made the big move north to Eagan later in life (yup... a whole ten minutes north.
    ;D).
    Valkommen and SKOL, Timaaae!
    (that's hard to type)

I'm an Apple Valleyan who works in Eagan - so I LOVE that 10-minute commute!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast