Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JTrain is offline Waterboy

Life- long Vikings fan trapped in TN

Hello to all my fellow Purple People Eaters. My name is Jesse, and as the topic states, I came out of the womb with a Vikings shirt on. My father grew up in Minnesota, and raised me to love everything about the state (except for Prince). I watch the full slate of games each week at a good buddy's house. He and his brother are huge Packer fans, as well as a couple of the other guys who hang out with us. I followed my father's old tradition of betting on the Vikes- Pack game with a buddy, with the loser wearing the other team's gear the next Sunday. Obviously I lost, and have re-upped the bet for this week. I am confident about our chances against the Pukers, even at Lambeau, if we can duplicate our successes from last week. Of course, I'm not only speaking about AP's day, but the D and virtually mistake- free passing. What do you all think, and am I as alone in Tennessee as I've felt all of these years, or are any of you nearby?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Life- long Vikings fan trapped in TN

I'm a Viking fan trapped in Kentucky so I know just how you feel. By the way, there is some talk on this forum about the Vikes playing the Titans next year in Tennessee. If they do there will be several of us there so you can come and hang out with a lot of Viking fans. It looks like we'll have a weekend get-together. Stay tuned and welcome!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Vikingryche is offline Rookie

I am a 30 yr fan of the Vikes, and I live in east Tennessee..
    Originally from Michigan though..
    Good god i hope the vikes play in Tennessee next year. I miss going to Detroit every year to watch Vikes play. Since ive been in Tennessee went to Atlanta 2 times and New Orleans once to watch Vikes play.
    Last year went and watched the Vikes at the dome first time ever, loved it and would love to come back to Minny.. Had a great time, spent alot of time at a british pub in the downtown, dont remember what it was called. But stayed in the Millenium Hotel and it wasnt far from there.
    GO VIKES!!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"JTrain" wrote:
    Hello to all my fellow Purple People Eaters. My name is Jesse, and as the topic states, I came out of the womb with a Vikings shirt on. My father grew up in Minnesota, and raised me to love everything about the state (except for Prince). I watch the full slate of games each week at a good buddy's house. He and his brother are huge Packer fans, as well as a couple of the other guys who hang out with us. I followed my father's old tradition of betting on the Vikes- Pack game with a buddy, with the loser wearing the other team's gear the next Sunday. Obviously I lost, and have re-upped the bet for this week. I am confident about our chances against the Pukers, even at Lambeau, if we can duplicate our successes from last week. Of course, I'm not only speaking about AP's day, but the D and virtually mistake- free passing. What do you all think, and am I as alone in Tennessee as I've felt all of these years, or are any of you nearby?
    Valkommen and SKOL!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

welcome to the site

SKOL!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Welcome to the site. Where in TN do you live?

I've been to Smyrna afew times on business, but it's been about 5 years since I was there.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Welcome to the boards!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Vikingryche" wrote:
    spent alot of time at a british pub in the downtown, dont remember what it was called.
    BRITS !!
    Best place in town for some Bangers and Mash, or Fish and Chips.

Welcome aboard JTrain.
    You'll find everything Vikings you need here.
    Stick around and post often.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

SciritaeVike is offline Training Camp

Welcome!!

I actually went to school at the University of the South, in Sewanee TN. I could never find any vikes fans, and i missed out on box seats when
    the vikes came to play the Titans. Lived outside memphis for a year or so afterwards. Love the state, unfortunately I have moved back to my homestate of north dakota, otherwise I would be tryin to get a hold of everyone in TN to watch vikes games.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast