Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Football Ref is offline Waterboy

I've worn 44 all my life.

And it was not because of Reggie Jackson.

Hello everyone. Big Viking fan here. Living in New York my whole life I just never had the chance to travel to the dome for a game.

I have been to a few games, but the first one I ever saw, was when they Scored 4 touchdowns with 10 minutes to play to beat the eagles 28-23 in Philly in 1985.

Anyway I am taking my son to his first NFL game this fall when the Vikings visit the Panthers.

Is there a pregame designated spot Viking fans will be tailgating there ?

I sure would like to hang out with a bunch of Viking fans before the game.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: I've worn 44 all my life.

"The" wrote:

Hello everyone. Big Viking fan here. Living in New York my whole life I just never had the chance to travel to the dome for a game.

I have been to a few games, but the first one I ever saw, was when they Scored 4 touchdowns with 10 minutes to play to beat the eagles 28-23 in Philly in 1985.

Anyway I am taking my son to his first NFL game this fall when the Vikings visit the Panthers.

There's a big tailgating event before each viking home game, but not usually at all the away games.
    Sometimes there are for away games, and I think there are a bunch of members from teh Carolina area, so its possible.

Either way youll have a blast.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:

Valkommen and SKOL!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the site.
    There is a great tailgating spot. The thread usually pops up as soon as Monday on home games.

Get posting mate
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Welcome to the site.
    I am sure there will be something started for the guys that live there or the ones that will travel to it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome bro

Thanks guys. I guess I'll just have to wait until the week of the game to find out. I'm just pumped about going.

Been living in Raleigh, NC for 3 years now and didn't realize this would be an issue. I used to be able to see them against the Giants, Jets, Eagles, Ravens, and I even went to see them in RFK against the Redskins on New Years eve in 1993. They won that game and then I saw them lose the following week to the Giants in the playoffs. I remember it being real cold that day. Then I thought of all of the maniacs in the old stadium with no shirts on .....................

IMissCris is offline Rookie

"The" wrote:

Haha...weird post from my standpoint on several levels.....

glad you mentioned that Eagles game....my mom was in labor with me (12-1-85) and my dad (also a Vikes fan) always reminds me of that game since I was born like an hour later and he was trying to catch the (magical) end of it.

I'm originally from western PA and am heading to this Sunday's game at Pittsburgh....the first regular season game my dad and I will have ever attended together as well.

And I now live in North Carolina and will probably be heading to the Panthers game as well on 12/20.

Just a little odd to me.

Amazing you being born on that day.

I had a friend that went to Drexel. His roomate's dad had season tickets to the Eagles so I went down and went to the game with them. Not only the first Viking game I ever went to, but the First Pro game I ever went to.

I remember after they scored the second touchdown looking at my buddies roommate and saying I was happy that they at least made it respectable.

Want to laugh even more ? I still have the Philly newspaper from the next day. It's been a while since I've looked at it, but the headline is something like "NIGHTMARE COMES TRUE" with Doleman in the picture below it.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast