Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    pixie is offline Training Camp

Re: I've decided to stop trolling...

"cajunvike" wrote:
    BTW, if you want to take Singer's suggestion and edit the title, you can do so by going to your original post at the top of this thread and editing the title...it will fix it on the "From the Huddle" listing, etc.

Also, I've been to your lovely city once before....much nicer than anyone would think...superb, actually.
    Great restaurants (two that I recall were a Cajun place called Mudbugs and an Italian place whose name had rooster [or the Italian word for it) in the name).
    Plus, there was a Krispy Kreme shop right down from where we stayed...you can't beat that!
    Much obliged for the advice and compliment, so thank you.
    It's not too bad here.
    Mudbugs is gone unfortunately and I am not sure which Italian restaurant you are referring to, but kripsy kreme is still here and will be for a long time.... started in Winston Salem which is only 20 mins. away.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"pixie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    BTW, if you want to take Singer's suggestion and edit the title, you can do so by going to your original post at the top of this thread and editing the title...it will fix it on the "From the Huddle" listing, etc.

Also, I've been to your lovely city once before....much nicer than anyone would think...superb, actually.
    Great restaurants (two that I recall were a Cajun place called Mudbugs and an Italian place whose name had rooster [or the Italian word for it) in the name).
    Plus, there was a Krispy Kreme shop right down from where we stayed...you can't beat that!
    Much obliged for the advice and compliment, so thank you.
    It's not too bad here.
    Mudbugs is gone unfortunately and I am not sure which Italian restaurant you are referring to, but kripsy kreme is still here and will be for a long time.... started in Winston Salem which is only 20 mins. away.
    Great job...and my condolences to the sad demise of Mudbugs...in this Cajun's eyes (and on his taste buds), it was a pretty authentic Cajun place.
    The Italian place is just up the road from Krispy Kreme (away from downtown) and was kind of underground in a way from what I remember, but in a strip mall of sorts.
    Gallo del Pollaio or something like that maybe?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:

Great job...and my condolences to the sad demise of Mudbugs...in this Cajun's eyes (and on his taste buds), it was a pretty authentic Cajun place.
    The Italian place is just up the road from Krispy Kreme (away from downtown) and was kind of underground in a way from what I remember, but in a strip mall of sorts.
    Mudbugs was good.
    The only Italian restaurant I can think of over in that direction that sounds like what you are talking about is called Anton's Cellar.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: I've decided to stop lurking...

Welcome Pixie to the best Viking site on the www

"pixie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Mudbugs was good.
    The only Italian restaurant I can think of over in that direction that sounds like what you are talking about is called Anton's Cellar.
    Anton's might be what was formerly the restaurant with the "rooster" name...you know how that goes sometimes.
    If I am ever in your neck of the wods, I will let you know (my nephew lives near Raleigh and I also have a very good friend who just moved there as well....both of whom I need to visit at some point).

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "pixie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Mudbugs was good.
    Anton's might be what was formerly the restaurant with the "rooster" name...you know how that goes sometimes.
    If I am ever in your neck of the wods, I will let you know (my nephew lives near Raleigh and I also have a very good friend who just moved there as well....both of whom I need to visit at some point).
    Sounds good.

"pixie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "pixie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Mudbugs was good.
    Sounds good.
    You've just been promoted! No more Waterboy under your screen name!

"cajunvike" wrote:

Woohoo!
    Um, but isn't it a bit like cheating to do most of the posts in your own thread?

"pixie" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Woohoo!
    Um, but isn't it a bit like cheating to do most of the posts in your own thread?
    NOPE...just as long as you don't reply to your own posts (and even a little of that is tolerated).

BTW, did they tell you about the mandatory BIKINI pic posting that is required of all female Vikings fans that join PP.O?

"cajunvike" wrote:

BTW, did they tell you about the mandatory BIKINI pic posting that is required of all female Vikings fans that join PP.O?
    As soon as I see the thread of all you guys in speedos I will make sure to post a pic. :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast