Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

I couldn't resist

I've been checking this site for nearly three years and finally decided I needed to chime in (after NFL-Forums' post).
    I've been a Viking diehard since I was a wee lad, being raised by parents who lived in Wisconsin and who always hated the Packers (good lineage). My Dad became a fan in the inaugural season and has bled purple ever since.
    I got involved in Bud's first year (I used to cut game photos out of the Star-Trib and tape them to my bedroom wall)and have gone through every year since-good (the late 60's, 70's, late 90's) or bad (Les Steckel).
    I was forced by my career to leave "God's Country" in 1994 and have lived in Denver, LA, and now Jersey (which by the way is a well kept sportsman's secret which I find 100 times better than "the land of granola (what is not fruit and nuts are flakes!- no offense to loyal Cali Viking fans).
    I'm a huge fan of the "Team First" concept- 40 for 60 (although Joe Kapp did leave us for more money). You'll find that echoed in most of my posts.
    I can't stand "pie in the sky" posts that are not based on the realities of today's NFL. I won't be supportive of people saying that we should (or could) trade two second round picks for a top four- it doesn't add up if you'd bother to check the "Value Chart" posted on VU or several other sites. To quote another "Hall of Fame" contributor on this site- "this ain't Madden". Well put!
    Props to Webby (especially when he locks out Trolls), Del Rio, Cajun, Ultra, Prophet, VikingNed, Itrey33, Jaymz7, Olson_10, (sometimes Collegejeff), and a bunch of other "level-headed thinkers". By the way, where the hell is Los?
    I hope you'll be patient with my lack of "web savy" and engage in some spririted discussions without malice.
    I'm really looking forward to a GREAT 2006 season![size=18px][/size]
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

Del Rio Guest

Re: I couldn't resist

Hey brother, anyone who can get away with saying wee-lad in a post is fine by me. :grin:

Seriously though great post, welcome to the darkside, I look forward to reading your posts!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Nice first post Jarl. What took you so long to post?

Welcome aboard & post more often.

Skol!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

What's up Viking brother? Hope you enjoy your time here at PPO, the best Viking site on the net..

Post often and have fun in doing so..

Purple Pride=The Viking Way ccasion5:

mattjenny3 is offline Starter

ccasion5:
    REDHORSE

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Another mature Vikes fan. Sounds like we both became fans in '66' :smile: Welcome. :thumbright:

WWBGD

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Nice intro!

Welcome to the ranks of the posting!

Skol!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I'm fairly new here myself, but I know the kind of posters I like and you are one of them. Welcome brother!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Thats an awesome post!! Welcome and have fun!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Jarlvik2006" wrote:
    I've been checking this site for nearly three years and finally decided I needed to chime in (after NFL-Forums' post).
    I've been a Viking diehard since I was a wee lad, being raised by parents who lived in Wisconsin and who always hated the Packers (good lineage). My Dad became a fan in the inaugural season and has bled purple ever since.
    I got involved in Bud's first year (I used to cut game photos out of the Star-Trib and tape them to my bedroom wall)and have gone through every year since-good (the late 60's, 70's, late 90's) or bad (Les Steckel).
    I was forced by my career to leave "God's Country" in 1994 and have lived in Denver, LA, and now Jersey (which by the way is a well kept sportsman's secret which I find 100 times better than "the land of granola (what is not fruit and nuts are flakes!- no offense to loyal Cali Viking fans).
    I'm a huge fan of the "Team First" concept- 40 for 60 (although Joe Kapp did leave us for more money). You'll find that echoed in most of my posts.
    I can't stand "pie in the sky" posts that are not based on the realities of today's NFL. I won't be supportive of people saying that we should (or could) trade two second round picks for a top four- it doesn't add up if you'd bother to check the "Value Chart" posted on VU or several other sites. To quote another "Hall of Fame" contributor on this site- "this ain't Madden". Well put!
    Props to Webby (especially when he locks out Trolls), Del Rio, Cajun, Ultra, Prophet, VikingNed, Itrey33, Jaymz7, Olson_10, (sometimes Collegejeff), and a bunch of other "level-headed thinkers". By the way, where the hell is Los?
    I hope you'll be patient with my lack of "web savy" and engage in some spririted discussions without malice.
    I'm really looking forward to a GREAT 2006 season![size=18px][/size]
    yes! respect! lol..great post dude, the whole thing about loving the team first approach was great..the madden comparison was great too because it seems like people go on that game to check a player's stats, and then come on here and type away about how great that player is..good post tho dude, im looking forward to seeing and reading your opinions
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast