Thread: I am glad..

vikingTurf Guest

I am glad..

Hi all
    I am finally in this, anyways, unlike pretty much everyone else around here who have a rich history of being a vikings fan, i am one of those starters that didn't know a thing about football/NFL before 2000. I am originally from nepal, came here in Minnesota(I am glad I landed here) in 2000 and after somehow bearing to watch the first vikings game without really understanding it, I got to understand the game better with the help of my college buddies. ALthough I feel sad to see Moss go away, I am still a happier Vikings fan given all the strides they have made thru this offseason, really excited for the coming season and hopefully I can go for my first live game @ the dome.....Go vikes!!!and thanks to the webmaster for letting me join the bandgwagon,

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: I am glad..

Welcome to the site VkTurf! We are glad to have you here with us! Please enjoy what we have to offer!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    thanks to the webmaster for letting me join the bandgwagon,
    It's only a bandwagon to those trolls that jump off. Stick around VkTurf it's going to be an exciting year.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome...both to the good ol' US of A and to the Vikings family!!! We love to see new fans here so jump right in and don't be afraid to state your opinions on something. Do a little research before you post on more serious topics so people won't flame you...but other than that, say what you gotta say!

SKOL Vikes!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikingTurf Guest

Ok forgive me for asking this, but i have to know , what is the full form of SKOL???

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    Ok forgive me for asking this, but i have to know , what is the full form of SKOL???
    Welcome VikingTurf and hope you enjoy your time here - now who says that the Vikes don't have one of the most international fanbases out of all the NFL teams .... :grin:

Skol, or skoal as it's sometimes written, is the full word and is scandanavian for cheers or good health.

Don't worry about only watching football since 2000, there are Packer fans that have been watching the game for 30 years or more and still don't understand how its played
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

vikingTurf Guest

Thanks AngloVike, yeah although I started only recently, I know everything that needs to known to enjoy a football game, in terms of rules and player positions...thanks to other vikings fans from my college........
    SKOL Vikings!!