Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy and such

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

Howdy and such

I'm Andy, in case the username didn't give me away. I'm 24, currently residing in Austin, Texas, and am really upset that I didn't find this website until yesterday. I've been suffering the almost illegible format of the rivals.com forums for a long time now, and was surprised and overjoyed to find a website with nice, neat forums and intelligent people posting on them.

I graduated from the University of Texas in 2002, and have been working as a Case Manager for a law firm in Austin since last year. Intellectual property law is boring, but that's what weekends are for, right?

I was born in St. Paul, and have been a Vikings fan since I developed a football consciousness, probably around the age of 12. My father has been a Vikings fan since his youth, and is the only person I know that still owns and wears an official Fran Tarkenton jersey every Sunday during football season. My childhood is peppered with memories of him cheering for Sammy White and Amhad Rashad, a general dislike for Wade Wilson and Les Steckel, and a strong dislike for Herschel Walker.

Since 1993, the Vikings have been about 90% of my sports world. Even though Jim McMahon was the quarterback that year. Once I started at UT I developed a following for UT football, but it has never come close to my fervor for anything Vikings. One of the best days of my life thus far was the day my dad brought home a satellite dish and purchased Sunday Ticket. Before then, I was regulated to about 3 televised Vikings games a year, and whatever highlights they showed. How we ever survived without the internet is beyond me.

I suppose I've rambled on enough for one sitting. I'm very glad to have found you all, and very glad to be a part of the forums. Today I am in an especially good mood, on account of I just completed my order for a Matt Birk jersey online. I needed a new one, because I think my Chris Hovan jersey is about to become defunct.

Until next time!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Howdy and such

Hey glad you found us! You will never need another Viking's site again!

Welcome, and here are 2 beers for you! Everything is Texas is big, so you get 2!

Howdy and such

Yay! I got two!

This post is actually a cheap way of me testing to see if my new signature works. If it doesn't, I reserve the right to post more stupid yet quasi-pertinent replies later.

Howdy and such

"PurpleAndy" wrote:
    Yay! I got two!

This post is actually a cheap way of me testing to see if my new signature works. If it doesn't, I reserve the right to post more stupid yet quasi-pertinent replies later.
    Take your URL and put it betweem these tags: [img][/img]

Should look like this:

You can just hit the "Preview" button instead of "submit" until you get it right. Let me know if you need more help.

Howdy and such

For some reason, it's just showing the text as opposed to using the bbcode.

I broke the internet :-(

Howdy and such

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurpleAndy" wrote:
    For some reason, it's just showing the text as opposed to using the bbcode.

I broke the internet :-(
    I tried it. It will not work for ya. I htink it may be because it is in BMP format. Try finding a GIF or JPEG one.
    I wrote a lengthy piece on it here: http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewtopic.php?t=7917

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Howdy and such

"PurpleAndy" wrote:
    Yay! I got two!

Can't bea bitmp (.bmp). Has to be a jpg or gif.

Howdy and such

In retrospect, one should not use MSPaint to create signatures at work. Still, at least it works. Thanks :-)

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Howdy and such

Welcome to the BEST Viking Fan site on the (broken) internet! :lol:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Howdy and such

Welcome aboard!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast