Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi there!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Hi there!

Welcome aboard patsfan.

Can't say I'm much of a fan of the Belicheat era, but welcome your opinions nonetheless.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

patsfan4vikes wrote:
    STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:
    Welcome, i guess.

This thread reminds me of the time when you'd have to pull over to the side of the road and let some out. Then when you try to get back in, the driver speeds up, then again.
    What do you know, it's the vikings bandwagon and you're not welcome.

I spent 4 years in oregon, 4 more in cal. and 7 without a mn pro hockey team to root for, i never swayed for a second.

Have a good day.
    Thanks for the non-welcome. Pretty rude for "Minnesota Nice".

Its funny, because the Pats board I am also a member of isn't rude to new members no matter what team they support. Apparently I made the right choice after all.

Let me give you an example of normal human interaction:
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/25/355760-hello.html
    I don't really look at these greetings as rude - we love our team and wonder why anyone would give up on the purple simply because they weren't able to see them. I spent nearly 20 years outside of Viking territory between college and jobs before relocating to the Twin Cities area in 2005. And I didn't once consider being a fan of another team, even though I lived in Patriots territory (college), NYC (Jets/Giants) and less than a mile from Redskins Park in northern Virginia.

Plus - the Patriots in the 80s struggled for relevance (that's when I was in school) outside of 1985 and, to the non-New Englanders out in the football world, it seems that there are now tons of NE fans, simply because they became winners. It was the same in the 70s with the Cowboys & Steelers and in the 80s with the Niners.

That's why I reacted to your post the way I did - I just don't get it. My teams are my teams - even when it's not convenient to watch them.

But do not take these initial responses to your post to be anything other than responses to the switching of your fandom. Your opinions are welcomed and encouraged. We have regularly contributing fans of the Packers and Bears on this board, as well as occasional visits from fans of whatever team the Vikings might be playing on a particular week. All are welcome. If you ever find yourself at the Dome, you will, of course, be welcome to join the PPO tailgate party prior to each and every game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

patsfan4vikes is offline Waterboy

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I don't mind a little razzing but to be told flat out "you're not welcome", well that's enough for me to consider returning to a place where I am.

But I can see how my position confuses you so I will explain. I really do think of myself as a fan of both teams. I like them both and follow them both. When I get the games, I watch them both and root for them both. Clearly I hit a bump when they play each other, but I'm happy to support the team that represents my childhood as well as the the one that represents my current life. Maybe its the female in me but I see very little conflict in that and I don't really understand the alternative approach.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome (those of you who did, haha). Perhaps I'll be around from time to time.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Welll thought and looking to the nearest place,I am between jump to the Pats or Dolphins bandwagon too.

Jk welcome to the site .
    El underdog.

patsfan4vikes wrote:
    I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I don't mind a little razzing but to be told flat out "you're not welcome", well that's enough for me to consider returning to a place where I am.

But I can see how my position confuses you so I will explain. I really do think of myself as a fan of both teams. I like them both and follow them both. When I get the games, I watch them both and root for them both. Clearly I hit a bump when they play each other, but I'm happy to support the team that represents my childhood as well as the the one that represents my current life. Maybe its the female in me but I see very little conflict in that and I don't really understand the alternative approach.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome (those of you who did, haha). Perhaps I'll be around from time to time.
    Please feel free to contribute at any time and I'm sure we'll hear from you the week before Halloween!

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

patsfan4vikes wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Speaking of long distance fandom - we have several active members here from all over the world.
    I'm sure there are folks out there from all over who are willing and can afford to try and make it work, but I was no longer watching *any* football. I was football-free for about 6-7 years because I couldn't see any Vikes games. So I started watching what I could actually watch.

Besides, my husband put it in our marriage vows.
    Hey, nobody is perfect! :P

Welcome to the site. Stick around, voice your opinion and everybody will have fun.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Welcome aboard, and don't let some of the comments get to you. We are Vikings Fans, and we do welcome other fans. We sometimes are over zealous in our pursuit of Purple Pride World Wide, but we do love hearing from others.

Stay active, and post often.

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    patsfan4vikes wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Speaking of long distance fandom - we have several active members here from all over the world.
    I'm sure there are folks out there from all over who are willing and can afford to try and make it work, but I was no longer watching *any* football. I was football-free for about 6-7 years because I couldn't see any Vikes games. So I started watching what I could actually watch.

Besides, my husband put it in our marriage vows.
    Hey, nobody is perfect! :P

Welcome to the site. Stick around, voice your opinion and everybody will have fun.
    Perhaps everyone will also Wang Chung tonight!

=Z=

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

patsfan4vikes wrote:
    Now I live in New England and consider myself to be a Patriots fan as I watch them religiously.
    http://http://static.funnyjunk.com/gifs/jesus_gtfo.gif
    None

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I hope I'm not too late to welcome you to our site. Please don't feel too put off. In general we're always glad to hear from fans of other teams, as long as they are polite, which you certainly have been.

For what it is worth, I was a long time Nutmegger before returning to my midwestern roots. My sistger, who still lives out there in upstate NY is a Patriots fan, and I still love her despite it. :laugh:

I'm also one of those who has other teams to follow. Several of my CT friends used to get together for road trips to Kansas City every year to catch a live Chiefs game, so I'm kind of a Chiefs fan by proxy as well. Of our group, one was a Dolphins fan first, one an Eagles fan, and then there was me with the VIkes. Only two of us were actual Chiefs fans first.

I still keep the VIkings first in my heart, but will regularly root for the Chiefs, Colts, Cardinals and Bucs, as long as their winning doesn't hurt the Vikings.

So anyway, please stick around and contribute. I'm sure that, for the most part, you'll be treated with respect.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast