Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Hi there!

  1. #1
    patsfan4vikes is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8

    Hi there!

    Hello,

    Once upon a time I was a true purple Vikes fan. I grew up watching all the games. Then I went to college where the Vikings games were no where to be found. Being a cheap college student, I was unable to purchase cable and this was before streaming existed, so I began watching Patriots games to get my football fix. Then, I got married to a huge Pats fan. Now I live in New England and consider myself to be a Patriots fan as I watch them religiously.

    Still, there will forever be a part of me that is a little purple. In part, I still root for the Vikes because my father is a Minnesota resident and a big Vikings fan. I like to talk to him about how the team is doing. When it comes down to a Vikes vs Pat challenge I'll pick the pats every time now (rawr!) but otherwise I find myself rooting for both of "my teams".

    Vikes have a lot of talent this year. Good luck this season!

  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Hi there!

    patsfan4vikes wrote:
    Hello,

    Once upon a time I was a true purple Vikes fan. I grew up watching all the games. Then I went to college where the Vikings games were no where to be found. Being a cheap college student, I was unable to purchase cable and this was before streaming existed, so I began watching Patriots games to get my football fix. Then, I got married to a huge Pats fan. Now I live in New England and consider myself to be a Patriots fan as I watch them religiously.

    Still, there will forever be a part of me that is a little purple. In part, I still root for the Vikes because my father is a Minnesota resident and a big Vikings fan. I like to talk to him about how the team is doing. When it comes down to a Vikes vs Pat challenge I'll pick the pats every time now (rawr!) but otherwise I find myself rooting for both of "my teams".

    Vikes have a lot of talent this year. Good luck this season!
    Valkommen and SKOL! I, too, went to school in New England and before the age of sports bars, so I got to see my Vikings once or twice a year, tops while I was there.

    BUT I SURE DIDN'T ABANDON THEM BECAUSE OF IT!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Hi there!

    Welcome to the site, even if you are a bandwagon Pats fan.

    This years matchup with the [strike]cheaters[/strike] Patriots should be a good one.

    Favre will get the chance to keep his home winning streak record from Brady(Favre's record 26, Brady at 22).

    I expect a high scoring shootout.

  4. #4
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Hi there!

    Hmmmm.

    The Patriots seem to fall just under the Packers, Bears, and Cowboys as far as hatred goes.

    Welcome to the site, but be careful how much praise you give the Patsies.

  5. #5
    patsfan4vikes is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8

    Re: Hi there!

    Ahhahaha now don't be a bunch of sour "grapes"!

    I just like being able to watch and attend the games of the team I'm supporting. Long distance fandom just isn't any fun.

    When Randy Moss moved over to NE, it made it easy for me to just continue following him. I can tell from his thread here that most of you have done the same! :laugh:

  6. #6
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Hi there!

    patsfan4vikes wrote:
    Ahhahaha now don't be a bunch of sour "grapes"!

    I just like being able to watch and attend the games of the team I'm supporting. Long distance fandom just isn't any fun.

    When Randy Moss moved over to NE, it made it easy for me to just continue following him. I can tell from his thread here that most of you have done the same! :laugh:
    NE has a recent history of winning championships. If anything is obvious it's that Vikings fans hate championship teams. We're sickly jealous.

    Speaking of long distance fandom - we have several active members here from all over the world.

  7. #7
    patsfan4vikes is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8

    Re: Hi there!

    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Speaking of long distance fandom - we have several active members here from all over the world.
    I'm sure there are folks out there from all over who are willing and can afford to try and make it work, but I was no longer watching *any* football. I was football-free for about 6-7 years because I couldn't see any Vikes games. So I started watching what I could actually watch.

    Besides, my husband put it in our marriage vows.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ST. CLOUD MN
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Hi there!

    Welcome, i guess.

    This thread reminds me of the time when you'd have to pull over to the side of the road and let some out. Then when you try to get back in, the driver speeds up, then again.
    What do you know, it's the vikings bandwagon and you're not welcome.

    I spent 4 years in oregon, 4 more in cal. and 7 without a mn pro hockey team to root for, i never swayed for a second.

    Have a good day.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

    -I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

  9. #9
    patsfan4vikes is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8

    Re: Hi there!

    STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:
    Welcome, i guess.

    This thread reminds me of the time when you'd have to pull over to the side of the road and let some out. Then when you try to get back in, the driver speeds up, then again.
    What do you know, it's the vikings bandwagon and you're not welcome.

    I spent 4 years in oregon, 4 more in cal. and 7 without a mn pro hockey team to root for, i never swayed for a second.

    Have a good day.
    Thanks for the non-welcome. Pretty rude for "Minnesota Nice".

    Its funny, because the Pats board I am also a member of isn't rude to new members no matter what team they support. Apparently I made the right choice after all.

    Let me give you an example of normal human interaction:
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/25/355760-hello.html

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Hi there!

    Welcome to the site my friend. Post well and often.

    On a side note, I remember back when the Pats were nothing more than another weak AFC team.

    Then they found ownership, a front office who knew a thing or two and a good HC which resulted in some wins.

    Now they are the hated enemy. In a couple of years, the Vikes will be like that and we will need all the fans we can find.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •