Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi from Sweden

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

Hi from Sweden

Hello all.

I Hail from Stockholm, Sweden and ive been a Vikingfan since around -92. Its hard and testing to be a fan where the telly broadcast the MNF game and one or if we are lucky two of the sundaygames broadcasted by Skysports (tvchannel in england). usually i pin down every sunday and listen to the webcast and watch the graphic move on the screen. I remember when the only NFL action we got was a 30minutes show once a week, then came the graphic on nfl.com but no.

Anyway, its better and the games you really want to save I could order from pontel.

Oh, im rambling i guess... Besides football, i like playing backgammon, take photos, go scuba and im a fairly rollercoastiejunkie too.

Im going to the twincities this fall between 16th and 26th of sep to see the vikings play live for my first time. Im trying to fill my stay with as much vikingsevents as possible, traings , radioshows etc but some sightseeing, shopping, themeparking and some scuba.

I just found this forum and its great! Keep it up guys becuase without all the nice people in here it would be nothing!

Cheers,
    Pierre

Einar is offline Rookie

Re: Hi from Sweden

Welcome to PP.O.

Enjoy your stay in the twin cities.
    If you're really into roller coasters, then you should come to Ohio and go to Cedar Point, the roller coaster capital of the world.
    Cedar Point is located in Sandusky, OH on Lake Erie.

SKOL VIKES!
    I was brain-washed as a child into becoming a Viking fan in Ohio of all places.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the site Dekay,

I hope you visit often and enjoy the site as so many of us do.

Your introduction was a very nice one indeed..

Like yourself, I'm also a lifelong Vikings Fan, enjoy Scuba, Cards, and for your information, my State of Connecticut, USA is the home to the oldest run amusement park in the USA.....Lake Compounce was built in the 1800's and home to the 1st roller coaster built in the USA...It is a wooden framed track and still runs today, but about 8 years ago they also added the first rollercoaster to be built into a mountain side at the park....Truly a fun place for young and old alike..

Here is a link for you to read about Lake Compounce.....
    Just to note, it is in the same town that ESPN Sports Center was founded and makes it home, Bristol,CT.

VikingNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

Thanks both of you.

One of my dreams is fulfilled when i have seen the vikes play live and been in minneapolis.

One other is to have a roadtrip from cedar point to six flags and then down the east coast going from themepark to themepark and ending up in orlando.

But to be honest i thought of making a stopover in cedar point on my way. I think it would have closed for the season. I know the valleyfair has its last opened weekend the 23rd & 24th of sep. You betcha Im gonna hit it the 23rd!!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Here is the link for "Lake Compounce" dekay....

http://hartford.about.com/od/attractions/a/aacompounce06.htm

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Welcome fellow european fan.
    try NASN i believe they got that in scandinavia as well.
    SKOL Vikings
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Welcome to the site Dekay!

When you get to the Cities not only check out a Vikings game, complete with tailgaiting, but it's a must to at least stop in at the Mall of America.

I go to every home game. It's about a 2-1/2 hour drive, but I'll be up there the day before the Vikings/Bears game & will be staying in a hotel.

Hope to see you at Rapid Park for the tailgating party.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

...Yeah...hi...but my name isn't "from Sweden."
    It's BBQ Platypus. ;D

Anycrap, what better way to greet a new member than with a previously written "official greeting" with all the sincerity of that b!tch on the other end of the alleged "customer service" line who keeps telling you that your call is important to them.

"A Robot in India" wrote:
    Official BBQ Platypus “Welcome to PP.O” Cookie-Cutter Form Letter:

Greetings, New Poster!
    As of now, my feelings toward you are completely neutral! May they remain neutral or better for many a month, before you say something that annoys me slightly until about a week later when I forget about it! Then, may they remain neutral again!

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Prophet Guest

Welcome to the site!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Dekay" wrote:
    Hello all.

I Hail from Stockholm, Sweden and ive been a Vikingfan since around -92. Its hard and testing to be a fan where the telly broadcast the MNF game and one or if we are lucky two of the sundaygames broadcasted by Skysports (tvchannel in england). usually i pin down every sunday and listen to the webcast and watch the graphic move on the screen. I remember when the only NFL action we got was a 30minutes show once a week, then came the graphic on nfl.com but no.

Anyway, its better and the games you really want to save I could order from pontel.

Oh, im rambling i guess... Besides football, i like playing backgammon, take photos, go scuba and im a fairly rollercoastiejunkie too.

Im going to the twincities this fall between 16th and 26th of sep to see the vikings play live for my first time. Im trying to fill my stay with as much vikingsevents as possible, traings , radioshows etc but some sightseeing, shopping, themeparking and some scuba.

I just found this forum and its great! Keep it up guys becuase without all the nice people in here it would be nothing!

Cheers,
    Pierre
    Be sure to stop by tailgating before the game at RapidPark!
    Would love to see that;
    look for the Purplepride.org Banner!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast