Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Hello from Scotland

Great Sig Lotzapurple119 that is awesome, I love the kind of 3D look to the background. How did you do that?

Hey Webby, where is the footage in your Avatar from? That looks funny, I just wondered if it was from some movie or TV show or something?

tony_u is offline Rookie

"Turboe" wrote:
    Hey Webby, where is the footage in your Avatar from? That looks funny, I just wondered if it was from some movie or TV show or something?
    It looks like David Brent doing his funky dancing in the british version of the tv program the office

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Thanks everyone. I live in Dunfermline Turboe, which is about 10 miles from Edinburgh and in the same county as Saint Andrews (famous golf course)

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Turboe" wrote:
    From the bloody hilarious show The Office on BBC. Were you taking a piss? Or did you not know... :lol:

Been renting the seasons off of Netflix. Flippin awesome.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

Glad to have you here. And it's nice to know that not even oceans can keep a true vikings fan from PP.O

"scottishvike" wrote:
    in the same county as Saint Andrews (famous golf course)
    You are preaching to the choir here buddy. And you understate things in my estimation when you say St Andrews (famous golf course). I would more accurately describe it as "St. Andrews - home of golf" or "St Andrews - the most awesome, mystical, spiritual place in the world"

When I did my pilgrimage to find the roots of golf back in 95 I spent about 4 nights in St Andrews played the Old Course twice, went to the cathedral ruins and spent the better part of the morning wandering the ruins and going through the grave yard looking for famous old golfers. I wish I could have a flat in St Andrews to come back every year just to soak it up.

I was single at the time and I flew over by myself to Edinburg, rented a car and went to Narin, Tain, Dornoch, North Barrick, Panmure, Old Course (twice), Carnoustie, Cruden Bay, and Western Gailes (in that order). I spent many a night (and a couple breakfasts too for that matter) in the local pubs (especially the Dunvegan in St Andrews and fell in love with the owner, too bad she was married already and I was only in town for a few days) I met some of the finest down to earth people in the world, played golf with some, had some Single Malt or Beers with most, and wish I could come back again.

"Will ye na' come back again?" isnt that the song they sang to Bobby Jones when they gave him the key to the city of St Andrews. What a cool place.

Do you play Scottisvike? If so do ya have a spare room? Although my wife wont let me come, I might run away.

Oh man just typing this has brought back some great memories of that trip.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Glad to bring happy memories back to you Turboe, your right I was understating the beauty of St Andrews. We have ourselves spent many days in the summer just walking around soaking up the atmosphere in the old town (it helps if the weather is good).I did play golf when I was younger but only on local courses to my town and never any where famous that you would know of. I do try to appreciate what my country has to offer, and would say I am a proud Scot, having spent yesterday at the soccer world cup qualifier against Belarus in Glasgow. The sight and sound of 50000+ Scotsmen, many in kilts singing flower of Scotland, makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Unfortunately we lost 1-0 played extremely poorly and now cant qualify for the final stages in Germany next year, but hey at least the Vikes will not lose today :grin:

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

welcome scottish, this site is awesome as you probaly already know :grin:
    keep on posting!

Thanks Josdin

SamDawg84 Guest

can u buy me a plane ticket to the united kingdom?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast