Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Internet!

CaPM is offline Training Camp

Hello Internet!

Hi guys, long time listener, first time caller.

I've decided to stop cursing at my monitor and actually join in on the discussions here, which my wife will appreciate as this means she doesn't have to pretend to care about potential 2nd-day draft bargains, or who makes the most sense at 3rd string qb.

Some background:

Never really enjoyed watching football (or any sports for that matter) until I played in high-school on a whim and realized just how complex and difficult this sport is.
    I remember getting my bell rung on a sweep, then thinking about our mass (150lbs + 180lbs at HS football speed) compared to the ferocity of the pro game (My guess is AP could probably spark fission running straight into a top-tier linebacker at full clip).
    I think you can't really appreciate the complexity and difficulty of a sport until you've tried your hand at it.
    In any case, since that year I've been steadily becoming more and more addicted, and when the money was there I sprung for season tickets.
    I've been blessed with a wife that loves football (OK yes I enacted a sneaky plan to get her to like football, as she previously didn't care for it, and I'm willing to share my secrets...) and goes to every home game with me sporting her Pat Williams jersey.

I've had a rocky relationship with Mr. Childress.
    I liked his strategy from the outset:
    Stong lines, suffocating run game, efficient passing.
    I liked his stance on the character of our players (I want to be proud of the players, not just their accomplishments...), and I liked the majority of his draft/personnel moves.
    I had a man crush on Allen all throughout his last season with the Chiefs, and when he came to MN I just about passed out.
    I was glady giving him the benefit of the doubt with the TJack experiment...
    and then he benched him after two games, seemingly due to fan pressure.
    YUCK.
    Instead of finding out what we had in TJack last year, we verified that Gus is 'alright', and we dropped in Tjack at the end again to tease (Arizona) and torment (Philly) us.
    Now we enter another year of not knowing if TJack is our guy, and that is very frustrating.
    Also, I learned recently that there are plays other than the Slant, Bootleg, Screen, and Bomb.
    I wonder if anyone bothered to tell Brad...

Anyway, I'll quit reading over your shoulders and participate in the discussions, as you can see above if nothing else my posts should be lengthy...
    And no matter how many tmies Brad breaks my heart on 3rd and long, I'll always be a Vikings fan, and I'll always be a proud Minnesotan.
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Hello Internet!

Steadily climbing the ole spreadsheet aren't ya.
    ;D

Welcome to the site my newest purple and gold friend.

Post well and often.
    Judging by what I've seen, you will.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Welcome! Never hurts to have more long posts questioning Childress
    ;D
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Welcome to the best site on the internet.
    If you have been lurking you probably already know that I don't contribute too much to the actual stratagy threads because I am not in the same class as Marrdo, NDPaul, jargomcfarg, and all the others, but I'm learning.
    I occasionally post the little "fluff" article and they seem to tolerate me.
    We are very open on this site and accept everyone.

welcome buddy and make your self at home

Big Matt is offline Starter

"CaPM" wrote:

I've been blessed with a wife that loves football (OK yes I enacted a sneaky plan to get her to like football, as she previously didn't care for it, and I'm willing to share my secrets...) and goes to every home game with me sporting her Pat Williams jersey.

Where do I sign up?

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Excellent intro, CaPM, and welcome to the site. Here's your beer.

[img width=450 height=337]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/186/381013575_d2ee1efd81.jpg?v=0[/img]
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    Welcome to the best site on the internet.
    If you have been lurking you probably already know that I don't contribute too much to the actual stratagy threads because I am not in the same class as Marrdo, NDPaul, jargomcfarg, and all the others, but I'm learning.
    I occasionally post the little "fluff" article and they seem to tolerate me.
    We are very open on this site and accept everyone.
    See, now that is the wrong attitude........Believe it or not, one can learn from anybody regardless of how smart one thinks.

I learn something new everyday.....Seriously.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

welcome

CaPM is offline Training Camp

"Big" wrote:
    "CaPM" wrote:

Where do I sign up?
    I'm thinking I'll have to start a thread on it, I'm sure I'm not the only one to have successfully performed this miracle.
    If I can get my sports-hating wife to get into football, I have to believe we can get just about anyone...
    She will often chime in on football convesations with little bits of knowledge that make me weep and my brother stare at me in jealous fascination...

...he asks "Where do you find a wife like THAT?!", to which I reply "Great wives are not found, little brother, they are MADE".
    (This is when I generally get clipped upside the head.
    Love you mom!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast