Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Hello..... I'm the newest free agent fan to sign up

"Prophet" wrote:
    Great to have you sign up!
    Looking forward to your posts, anyone that bashes the illogical deserves instant respect in my book. . . . even if I'm the recipient.
    Thanks!

I often monitor and admonish the inconsistent, illogical and numerically challenged.
    But only when it is appropriate and warranted.

Once I figure out the 'controls' and 'visual enhancements' here, I'll add my sig line from prior forums ( "When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all" ).

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Purplexing" wrote:
    Skol!

This is my first post after a long-time lurking convinced me that this forum is well run, diverse in opinions and personalities, and informative.

I’ve was finally able to log in to an ID I established a long time ago.

That’s a long story, with info on firewalls that I may discuss with Mr.
    Webby, for another time…

I fully anticipate some ‘Welcomes’, ‘Skol Vikes’, ‘Have-a-beer’s’, but also expect the ‘low-post count = limited knowledge teasing’ rightfully owed to rookie posters.

Bio; I’m an old-school fan, joining in 1969, when, as an impressionable teen, I first saw a pre-game feature of the Purple People Eaters tearing up opposing offenses.

I live in Connecticut, work with statistics in insurance, and will comment on any misuse of stats, logic, or both, by announcers, analysts or posters.

I believe in the Grant/Childress disciplinary approach, but not to the extent it was practiced by Les Steckel.

I also believe in a balanced team (good talent on O, D and ST) that are disciplined enough to play like Vikings outdoors (i. e in a ‘Valhalladium’) again, and behave like gentlemen off the field.

I’m not sure if Wilf and the ‘Triangle of Authoritarianism’ will lead the current team to a Super Bowl win, but I think they are headed in the right direction.

OK, where’s my oar?
    I’m ready to help row all the Viking fans in this cyber-longboat to a Super Bowl win via my insightful posts!

- Purplexing

( No, it's not a typo.

It is mis-spelled intentionally to include 'purple' )

SKOL!

That post is not within 2 standard deviations of the whining and doubting theme that seems so prevalent on this site recently. Therefore it is statistically insignificant!

Stats,like orphans, were born to be abused! lol. Well that's not really funny,sorry!

Anyway, welcome to the site. Look forward to your thoughts.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

"Purplexing" wrote:
    Skol!

This is my first post after a long-time lurking convinced me that this forum is well run, diverse in opinions and personalities, and informative.

Webby, for another time…

I fully anticipate some ‘Welcomes’, ‘Skol Vikes’, ‘Have-a-beer’s’, but also expect the ‘low-post count = limited knowledge teasing’ rightfully owed to rookie posters.

Bio; I’m an old-school fan, joining in 1969, when, as an impressionable teen, I first saw a pre-game feature of the Purple People Eaters tearing up opposing offenses.
    I live in Connecticut, work with statistics in insurance, and will comment on any misuse of stats, logic, or both, by announcers, analysts or posters.
    I believe in the Grant/Childress disciplinary approach, but not to the extent it was practiced by Les Steckel.

I also believe in a balanced team (good talent on O, D and ST) that are disciplined enough to play like Vikings outdoors (i. e in a ‘Valhalladium’) again, and behave like gentlemen off the field.

I’m not sure if Wilf and the ‘Triangle of Authoritarianism’ will lead the current team to a Super Bowl win, but I think they are headed in the right direction.

OK, where’s my oar?
    I’m ready to help row all the Viking fans in this cyber-longboat to a Super Bowl win via my insightful posts!

- Purplexing

( No, it's not a typo.

Welcome Purplexing! Better hurry with that computer upgrade-you're gonna be awfully busy!

PacMan21 is offline Starter

Welcome and Skol!

Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

welcome to the site

SKOL!!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Great introduction, Purplexing! I too am old school (check out my tagline under my avatar).

Welcome aboard the Great Viking Ship to Valhalla (AKA Super Bowl XVII)!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the site. This could very well be one of the better signings we have done in FA.

I look forward to your posts.

Skål

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome Purplexing and it's good that you stopped lurking and you started posting!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the site, your officaly addicted now......Enjoy

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Purplexing" wrote:
    Skol!

Webby, for another time…

OK, where’s my oar?

- Purplexing

( No, it's not a typo.

Glad to have you aboard and may have to lean on your stats knowledge (SAS master?) at times.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast