Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from CT

LEAD PIPE is offline Training Camp

Hello from CT

Hello fellow Vikings fans! NordicNed told me about this site and it is great. Growing up a Vikings fan in CT can get very lonely. You only get to watch your team play 2 or three games a year, this year has been better though, and you are surrounded by New York fans.
    I have never been to the dome but I have caught a few Vikings games when they played the Jets/Giants away. I also got to see them at Soldier field 2 years ago. I have been a Vikings fan for over 35 years and they have caused me much heartache. Denny Green actually took years off my life.
    I guess all the pain will make it that much sweeter when it does finally come.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Hello from CT

Ha, I feel your pain about 1998, but hey anybody who has cheered for a Minnesota professionals sports team just comes to expect depression.
    Welcome to the site and post well and often.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Howdy Lead Pipe,

Nice to see you made it....It's really late here and I was just heading to the rack...So I'll follow up with this post tomorrow in the AM....

You are not alone here my friend....LOL

NordicNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"LEAD" wrote:
    Hello fellow Vikings fans! NordicNed told me about this site and it is great. Growing up a Vikings fan in CT can get very lonely. You only get to watch your team play 2 or three games a year, his year has been better though, and you are surrounded by New York fans.
    I have never been to the dome but I have caught a few Vikings games when they played the Jets/Giants away. I also got to see them at Soldier field 2 years ago. I have been a Vikings fan for over 35 years and they have caused me much heartache. Denny Green actually took years off my life.
    I guess all the pain will make it that much sweeter when it does finally come.
    Welcome to the site! Where in CT do you live? I am originally from CT...Now living in Arizona. Im actually heading back there at the end of this month to visit family for the Holidays.

*SKOL!*

Trumbull, I grew up in Stamford though.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Ned has been haunting our boards for ages. Good to see you coming here also. Welcome to PP.O

Skål

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Welcome to PP.O, LP.

Ned is a giid friend of mine & soon to be related. Hopefully you will get a chance to come to a Vikings game sometime so we can meet. If not, I'm sure to be out in CT sometime in the future.

How did you come to meet Ned?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    Welcome to PP.O, LP.

Ned is a giid friend of mine & soon to be related. Hopefully you will get a chance to come to a Vikings game sometime so we can meet. If not, I'm sure to be out in CT sometime in the future.

We met on a fishing website http://www.ctfisherman.com/ I made a thread in the sports section about how I was starting to get sucked in again by the Vikings and getting my hopes up and needed to be talked down. Needless to say Ned was no help and now once again they have me.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"LEAD" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Welcome to PP.O, LP.

We met on a fishing website http://www.ctfisherman.com/ I made a thread in the sports section about how I was starting to get sucked in again by the Vikings and getting my hopes up and needed to be talked down. Needless to say Ned was no help and now once again they have me.
    Well you came to the right place. When I come out there again we'll all have to fishing for Fluke. I'm guessing Ned didn't tell you I outfished him on my first ever outting on the ocean.

Both of these beauties I caught. I also caught another. I'm on the left & Ned is on the right.

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_1069a.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Nice fish, they are huge! I haven't fished for fluke I generally stick to the stripers blues and black fish. Here is my five year old with a 43" bass he caught in June. I am definitely in for a fishing trip.

.jpg][img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCN0270[1].jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast