Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

|John| is offline Waterboy

Hello

Hi, I'm John...I like spending time with friends and enjoy long walks on the beach.
    lol, okay, I'll be serious :P

Let me start off by saying that I am a Vikings fan!
    But that being said, I am also a huge Bronco fan...please don't hold it against me.
    I know someone's going to mention the Vikings vs. Broncos game awhile back (with the lateral)...let me just be the first to say that I almost had a complex that day, I didn't know who to root for in that game lol

I am here because the Bronco's forum is in an uproar because of the QB controversy (Jake vs. Jay) and I can't take it anymore *pulling out hair*.
    Bronco fans are some of the best I have come across, but on the forum some can tend to be very stubborn lol.

Never the less, I root for the Vikings every week and watch the games when I can...but I live right in the middle of Chiefs and Broncos "countries" (if you know anything about the rivalry, then you'd know that it's never pretty) and hardly ever get a game.

Well, enough about me - I'll hang around and maybe make a few posts that won't make my intelligence look lower than it actually is

Oh, and for any gamers, my QB was drafted by the Vikings in Superstar mode on Madden...How lucky was that? ;D
    But we won't get into how the starting QB was injuried in the second game of the season, allowing me to get some starts in my rookie season, w00t! But now I'm back on the bench lol.

Okay, I'm really going to stop now lol *salute*

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hello

"|John|" wrote:
    I am here because the Bronco's forum is in an uproar because of the QB controversy (Jake vs. Jay) and I can't take it anymore *pulling out hair*.
    Bronco fans are some of the best I have come across, but on the forum some can tend to be very stubborn lol.
    Valkommen and SKOL!

Let me catch you up on a few things around here:

* Tarvaris Jackson would lead the Vikings to the Super Bowl if Childress would only let him play
    * The media hates the Vikings and the NFL and the referees are out to get us
    * If we got Randy Moss back, our offense would be a juggernaut again
    * What happens in Madden mirrors exactly what would happen on the field
    * If the Vikings don't get a new stadium RIGHT NOW, they're moving to California
    * Real Fans(tm) don't boo the home team, ever, in any circumstance
    * It's all Smoot's fault

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Hi John, welcome to PP.O

Skål

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Seems my two favortie teams have a few things in common lol. Especially this part:
    The media hates the Vikings and the NFL and the referees are out to get us
    That part is all too familiar :

I try to keep up with news of the Vikings, but as that quote said (and as I said before) it's hard to get any real news about the team here...you know, the 'dirty' news that isn't technically official...

Is that new stadium/relocation talk for real?
    Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm just kind of out of the loop here, and it's too early to think lol

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"|John|" wrote:
    Is that new stadium/relocation talk for real?
    Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm just kind of out of the loop here, and it's too early to think lol
    I live in the TC area, and a lot of the locals have a huge fear that the Vikings will move once the Dome lease expires in 2011.

I, OTOH, believe that Zygi Wilf and his family are football fans (unlike Red McCombs) and understand what the Vikings mean to the community.

I also believe that the Wilfs made their money building things, so I don't really have a true fear that SOME sort of stadium deal will get done.
    Whether it's new or an update to the MetroDome with more favorable lease conditions, I think the Wilfs know how to move things.
    They used to build strip malls in New Jersey for goodness sake's!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vikesgirl36 is offline Rookie

Hi John..Welcome to the best site ever ;D
    I have a brother in Denver. He and his wife had their first baby in August. Auntie Kim is going to make sure he grows up to be a Vikings fan!!! I have another brother that is a Raiders fan :'((must have had a mixup at the hospital when he was born)

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome John!

About half the posters here wish we had our own QB contrevery going, most of us are sick of watching Bard Johnson and want T-Jack to get a shot at playing.
    So if the Vikes don't win this weekend and Brad doesn't do well next week we could be in the middle of a sh*t storm on PP.O as well.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

purplepridegirl is offline Training Camp

Welcome to the site!

Phew - this is alot of quoting lol

AWZeus wrote:
    I live in the TC area, and a lot of the locals have a huge fear that the Vikings will move once the Dome lease expires in 2011.
    It just wouldn't be the same if they moved...not only out of the Metrodome, but out of Minnesota all together :/
    They've been there as far back as I can remember...of course I'm in my early 20's so maybe that doesn't count for much lol.
    Maybe I'd be able to see more games (I'd be happy to see more than one of them a year), but still wouldn't want them to move...

vikesgirl36 wrote:
    I have a brother in Denver. He and his wife had their first baby in August. Auntie Kim is going to make sure he grows up to be a Vikings fan!!! I have another brother that is a Raiders fan (must have had a mixup at the hospital when he was born)
    Congrats!
    It's going to be hard to deny him of the pleasures (and sometimes burdens) of being a Bronco fan though, they walk the streets out there looking for anyone to convert into fans lol.
    I'm truly sorry that your brother is a raider fan...especially this year lol.
    I am not sure why they are doing so bad, they have some good talent, and get so close to winning - just can't get it together I guess

whackthepack wrote:
    About half the posters here wish we had our own QB contrevery going, most of us are sick of watching Bard Johnson and want T-Jack to get a shot at playing.
    So if the Vikes don't win this weekend and Brad doesn't do well next week we could be in the middle of a sh*t storm on PP.O as well.
    Well, the game this weekend should be a good one IMO, I guess we'll just have to wait for the outcome of the game - I'm rather optimistic about how the game will end though.
    Time to give a Manning a loss...*ohhh how I miss Warren Moon* It's alright to say that here right? lol

purplepridegirl wrote:
    Welcome to the site!
    Thank you

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

welcome to the site

SKOL!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast