Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello

PurpleOgre is offline Waterboy

Hello

Hey all;

What a great site.....happy to be here and thanks for having me!

Let's get right to the reason I signed up! I realized I was not fulfilling my parental obligation when my 6 y.o. boy asked for a Green Bay Packer jersey for his birthday. He likes watching the vikes with dad, but his buddy who migrated here from another world (to the east of MN) is a cheese head and they are pretty close.

After crying for a good 40 minutes or so, I stood up and laid down the law! I love my boy but don't know if I can stand to see him turn to a life of disintagrating moral fiber. I love my wife, but a man has to stand for something! And more importantly, I am concerned for the impact that puke green jersey will have on the balance of this household.

If there is anyone out there that has had a simmilar experience I would love to hear how it was handled.

I know this is pretty heavy for my first posting....but I need help!

Thanks,
    PO

PS.....Everyday is a good day for football! SKOL Vikes!
    "Sometimes a Football game is just a Football game ... But that almost never happens."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hello

Get to work on that son of yours...promise him the world if he roots for the Vikes over the Puke!!!!

And BAN him from ever fraternizing with that Puker buddy of his!!! :evil4:

Actually, tell him that it would be better for him to like the Vikes, so that when he plays Madden with his buddy (when he's old enough to, that is), he can be the Vikes and his buddy can be the Pack...it will make it more fun for both him and his buddy!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Welcome aboard!

sandviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Dude, way to put your foot down!! My daughter's step dad is a cheesehead and turned my her against me! Don't let this happen to you!! Welcome to the site, and SKOL!!

Peace through superior firepower!

outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler

Welcome!!
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"sandviking" wrote:
    Dude, way to put your foot down!! My daughter's step dad is a cheesehead and turned my her against me! Don't let this happen to you!! Welcome to the site, and SKOL!!
    If I were you, I would buy her a Vikings jersey for EVERY birthday and for Christmas...marking them SLIGHTLY so that she CAN'T return them for the money or for Puker stuff! :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

Welcome! It's sad to say and difficult to do, but the only choice you have if your son becomes a Packer fan is to sacrifice him....either that or convert him to a Vikings fan. I would choose the latter.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Welcome Ogre!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the boards. And Skål.

In regards to your problem, I can't really say that I have prior experience of this nature. I can however provide you with some of my homemade pocket philosophy of child upbringing.

What you need to do is take a good long talk with your son about how great the Vikings are. I mean really dig up the stories of great vikings players of the past. And tell him of the great rivalry with the puckers, and how and why his dad hold the flag of the great vikings ship high in those games.

He will not be able to do anything but follow his dad in backing the Vikings after that. At 6 he should see you as his hero.

Maybe it can be rounded of with a trip to the mall where he can get a small thing with a Viking logo on it.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Hello & welcome to the site!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast