Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings..

StainlessStill is offline Waterboy

Greetings..

..from Steelers Nation.

I'm a huge Favre fan and can't help but feel excited about his legend and what he brings to the game as well as around the league. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty bummed from hearing the "retirement" talks brew up some weeks ago and felt terrible how that Title game ended for you guys last season.

B.F is a true gladiator on the field and it's with my pleasure to be able to watch him for atleast one more season. Congrats on that and for having a team worthy of representing the NFC in Dallas this season. I won't say anything bad about the Green Bay Packers since they remind me of my own from top to bottom, but the NFC North is going to be a great division to watch this season once again between both foes with 4 leading the pack (no pun intended.)

Good luck in reaching the ultimate prize in 2010-2011, just hope you don't have a Steel Curtain standing in your way :P

Good luck and lets get this season underway already!

-StainlessStill
    None

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Greetings..

StainlessStill wrote:
    ..from Steelers Nation.

I'm a huge Favre fan and can't help but feel excited about his legend and what he brings to the game as well as around the league. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty bummed from hearing the "retirement" talks brew up some weeks ago and felt terrible how that Title game ended for you guys last season.

B.F is a true gladiator on the field and it's with my pleasure to be able to watch him for atleast one more season. Congrats on that and for having a team worthy of representing the NFC in Dallas this season. I won't say anything bad about the Green Bay Packers since they remind me of my own from top to bottom, but the NFC North is going to be a great division to watch this season once again between both foes with 4 leading the pack (no pun intended.)

Good luck in reaching the ultimate prize in 2010-2011, just hope you don't have a Steel Curtain standing in your way :P

Good luck and lets get this season underway already
    Valkommen and SKOL!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Welcome to the site! Drop in every now and then and talk some Favre with us. As you can probably imagine, we have taken a pretty strong liking to him. There are a few Coo Coo's out there who can't get over their hatred for him of course, but most have seen the light and eaten their crow.

That's understandable and is a unique situation for a fan of one of the most heated rivalries in sports to really wrap their mind around. (I'd be torn as ever if someone like...say Ray Lewis would ever put on a Steelers uniform and would have to squeeze out every last bit of hatred only if that tiny .00000000000001% chance is there to make our football team a shot at winning a championship. That would be a tough one to swallow.)

Of course it's a love/hate and the reaction will always be mixed givin' the history that is Favre/GB/Minny but when it comes down to it.. JUST WIN BABY.
    None

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Thread in wrong spot, but welcome anyways.
    We're bringing purple back.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Welcome to the site, Stainless!

One of my good friends here in Indianapolis is a huge Steelers fan. He and I have had lots of great football talks over the years. In fact, he was just out there this past weekend for the preseason opener.

I hope we'll see more of you throughout the season.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Skol and welcome to the site!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    Welcome to the site, Stainless!

One of my good friends here in Indianapolis is a huge Steelers fan. He and I have had lots of great football talks over the years. In fact, he was just out there this past weekend for the preseason opener.

I hope we'll see more of you throughout the season.
    Thanks for the welcome. One of my favorite things to do is to talk football with other teams fans. I'll def be coming in and mingling once in awhile.

Favre was always that one player that made my jaw drop and was pure electric, and because of him I watched a lot of Minny games closely last season and I was impressed and entertained by such an overall team that scored relentlessly and had a smothering defense to boot (and you KNOW Pittsburgh fans love defense.)
    None

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I despise the Steelers, but you seem cool.

Welcom to the site, good luck this season. What are you prediction for your boys this year?

In a nutshell, the first 4 games of the season without Ben is going to determine the tone of our season and quite frankly if we are or NOT a playoff contender this year. Even though some are worried about the first 4, my worry is the games leading after Bens return as well. Upon his return, he's going to have to get back to football shape and get back in rythm with his timing as well as timing with his offense so we'll see how this season goes.

I think the Steelers atleast split 2-2 at the beginning of the season with Leftwhich or Dixon and come on strong at the end to finish 9-7 and to snag the AFC's 6th seed (winning a head to head tiebreaker over N.E and having a better Division Record over Cincy AND Tenn.)

We will see.
    None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast